• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to find a decent shed... Help Me!

Kibbles

Mama Doe
Anyone know of a shed thats for sale on ebay or something like that which is under £70, doesn't need anything added to it (i.e. windows replaced, flooring put in...) and that is entirely suitable for a bunny? And that does NOT require pick up, so it can be shipped?!?

I dont *think* you will find a bargin like that, for shed.

I thought a couple of days back you were looking for a hutch and didnt have the money for that??

Will you parents be ok for keeping a single bun in a shed?? Considering i got the impression they werent too keen on you have one and spending money on it. If it is that case I think you better of putting the £70 towards a hutch and run combo.

m
xx

May i ask, as i looking for a hutch for you, what size do you actually looking for??

What size do you have at the moment?

What size is you run?

And do you have ANY money to go towards it??

m
xx

if you find a shed that's cheap cos the windows need replacing, that's great - cos you don't need them anyway - I've just meshed over mine :)

What size is it hun? X

Its a couple inches off 4ftx2ftx2ft... Which I thought was rather small but its got a run attached which is double that size in width. Christabel said it was fine for Starsky, but I assumed that when I get another bun then Starsky will need a bigger hutch.

Is it one from P@H?? How big is your run?? Do you have any photos of your set-up?? We are just tryin to get enough imformation out of you so we can help you out.

m
xx

Sorry, this may sound like a stupid question, but who is Christabel? :?

As Starsky is a small single rabbit I think his accomdation is adequate:) and I'm sure you give him lots of attention too. I'd be more concerned about saving up for vet fees as from the sounds of it your mum won't be paying for it. If he ever did come ill, have you got a vet near enough, or is your mum even willing to take you to see one? Has he been vaccinated?

I think they should be your prime concerns hun.;)

Also a £70 shed will be of very poor quality and small, so a good quality hutch and run would be better than a shed

you could look out for a second hand play house in your local paper,also you could put a wanted advert in your local newsagent,as many people find that their children get fed up with their playhouses rather quickly and want the space back in the garden,i will look out on ebay for one near you.For my birthday in May i am just having one present from everyone as the playhouse i would like is £140 from Wilkinsons,maybe you could do that????;)

i dont know if plastic would be any good but wilkos have got a plastic play house with shutters for £65 and deliver.just a suggestion.xx

You're all too nice :oops::oops::oops: I'll be taking Beebop's advice(and Christabel's!) in that his current hutch is fine, and my savings will go to veterinary care. Thank you all very much for the offers but Starsky will be fine :)

You're all too nice :oops::oops::oops: I'll be taking Beebop's advice(and Christabel's!) in that his current hutch is fine, and my savings will go to veterinary care. Thank you all very much for the offers but Starsky will be fine :)

Thats all good, but do you mind telling me what size his run is?

m
xx

Thats all good, but do you mind telling me what size his run is?

m
xx

About 4ftx4ftx4ft. However he gets a lot of time to run around in my bedroom and on his harness in the garden and in the living room and in the bathroom every day, so he gets plenty of exercise.

So im guessing he's in this hutch (4ftX2ft) and run (4ftX4ft) most of his time and in the evening when you get back from school is comes indoors for a run around??

m
xx

So im guessing he's in this hutch (4ftX2ft) and run (4ftX4ft) most of his time and in the evening when you get back from school is comes indoors for a run around??

m
xx

That is actually better than what most buns have......

Starsky, don't worry. We all want as much space as possible for our buns but for some people that just isn't possible. I'm pleased your mum gave in about the vaccinations, hopefully some of what she has been told will open her eyes to rabbits needs. What Starsky is in at the moment is fine.

Back