• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Please !

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Need opinions please, one of my rescues that I rehomed is scrapping with his new wife, she is bullying him and he now has a few cuts and a scab. I haven't seen him but his new mum is worried. One minute they are fine the next they have a scuffle.

What advise can I give????

No I have advised not to separate. Yes the doe is spayed. He is in the cage and she is in the run, but with access. They had a scuffle last night and then they were ok. Now they have had another and she has pulled loads of his fur out. I have advised a walk around in carrier and then put them somewhere away from the run & cage that is neutral.

I had a similar situation with Harry and Poppy. They bonded at the rescue, came home and were ok for about 4 days then started off with little scraps and escalated to an almighty fight and getting into spinning fights every time they went near each other.

I was all set to send Harry back to the rescue when Sooz stepped in and advised me on how to re-bond them. It worked a treat, they sorted out that Poppy was the boss (which I think there was some doubt over hence the fighting) and are now very loved up.
It might be worth dropping Sooz a pm :)

*the bottom left picture in my siggy is of Harry and Poppy and was taken during the re-bonding ;)

Ive had to seperate one of my does from two others as she was attacking them,i have put them between mesh and will rebond when things settle.

hi, ive got them squished into the carrier at the moment, with a bottle like you said julia. they seem settled at the moment...

Hi Gemma! Willow's sister Trix sends him lots of love and says she hopes it works out soon! Sending lots of bonding vibes! x

so am i best to start from scratch again then? what should i do with them tonight? i could confine them to the upper area of the cage or just the run section of the area. weve had some angry foot stamping from bramble in the carrier. its just annoying because it seemed as though everything had settled down and then bramble got poorly and now hes better and theyre scrapping again!:cry::cry:

so am i best to start from scratch again then? what should i do with them tonight? i could confine them to the upper area of the cage or just the run section of the area. weve had some angry foot stamping from bramble in the carrier. its just annoying because it seemed as though everything had settled down and then bramble got poorly and now hes better and theyre scrapping again!:cry::cry:

Gem, did you separate when Bramble was poorly?

Back