• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

charity rabbit showing...

coco1200

Warren Veteran
i know this may sound like a pretty crummy idea,

but hopefully, ill be flying out to Uganda in october with a group for charity. in doing so, we need to raise £1000 each! :shock:
i came up with a idea to the team that we could do a rabbit show (completley for charity). obviously any type of rabbit could enter, and the prize would be bunny related!!

now, i know for alot of rabbits ths can be very distressing, so i would adivse the bunny owners to only bring their rabbits if they are good, social and calm.

does anyone here think this is an ok idea?
and what sort of rules would i need?

thanks

Last edited:
yes, i can see how this would pose a difficulty.
i think if i advised people only to do it if their rabbits were trained well and good with people they can enter?

i dont know. this whole think is solely to raise money for charity and i dont want to put anyones rabbit at stress, but i think its a great way of raising money, and alot of fun too for some!!

i dont know... :cry:

Most people with pet rabbits won't have rabbits used to travelling hours, spending the day in a show pen, being handled by strangers then the journey home again. Show rabbits are prepared and used to this from an early age.

The trouble with relying on people to only bring suitable rabbits is you often can't rely on people :? Plus it's difficult to guess how rabbits would react to a situation they'd never been in.

The organising that goes into a show is pretty major to. You have to house the animals for the day, feed/water, etc. Have you been involved at all in organising a normal rabbit show? If not I'd start by chatting to someone that has.

I think the charity aspect is great but rabbits aren't like dogs who are sed to going out and meeting people so they don't adapt as well :(

Tam

Ok heres an idea - rather than a rabbit show, why not organise a rabbit display?? Me and my aunt used to do them all the time, we'd go into Garden Centres, School Fairs, Country Shows, take about a dozen pens with us with some rabbits in pens and a couple of 'touch and feel' rabbits and spend the day letting people stroke the rabbits, talking all day about how to keep rabbits etc- its all about educating. Then we'd have things like a tombola, hutch raffles, food raffles, lucky dip etc etc, you could have a donation tin too. If you wrote to feed places I'm sure they'd donate a few kilo bags of food etc for prizes etc. You could either team up with a rescue to give them some publicity too - or if you want rabbits that are used to being in pens then perhaps team up with a local rabbit club?

Here are details of your local clubs:

http://www.thebrc.org/area4a.htm

Hope that helps :)

Back