• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch cover - recommendations please

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
We're looking to buy a hutch cover for our new outdoor set-up where Sienna and Dudley now live. Anyone got any recommendations or suggestions of where to try please? Thanks :D x
Here's a pic:

P3280399.jpg

I had one made by a guy on ebay but my hutch is a two storey one without an attached run (separate run which connects through tunnel.) Once the tunnel is disconnected and they are locked in only the hutch needs covering.

He does them to any size but not sure how much it would cost if you wanted one to cover run as well.

I think mine was round about £58. Thats with rain cover, night time cover and with insulation which is optional.

Here is link if its any help.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZc.a.b.j

Thanks! The run can eaily be moved away so we were thinking of a cover for the double hutch ... ideally with a see-through bit so that they could at least look out if the weather's rubbish.
Will have a look at the link - cheers! x

At the minute mine always has the rain cover on:shock: but at least they can see out. It still folds down even with the tunnel attached it just doesn't secure right down to the bottom.

Here's a couple of piccies if its helpful. Second piccy with a more secure tunnel before I got Jem:oops:

DSCF0784.jpg

DSCF0799.jpg

You could always put a couple of small tacs at front and back of hutch at the bottom and hook the elastic straps around.

Even though mine has legs the elastic wasn't long enough so thats what I did - I made sure the tacs weren't sticking out - hammered them over and it stops on just fine - the buns go out into the main garden as well.

Alternatively you could email the guy and see if there is any other way he could do it to keep it on. He makes them from scratch so its not like he would be altering something already done.

I was and still am very pleased with mine and when the summer comes:lol: I will be taking the rain cover off (attached along top with velcro).

Meant to say if you do go ahead don't do what I did whem measuring and forgot the overhang of hutch:oops: didn't make that much difference and the rain doesn't get it.

Meant to say if you do go ahead don't do what I did whem measuring and forgot the overhang of hutch:oops: didn't make that much difference and the rain doesn't get it.

I forgot to include the overhang on mine too. As the roof is on hinges I just put the cover on under the roof and it works a treat now. I got mine from this guy, he is really good and makes to order too:

http://home-garden.search.ebay.co.uk/_Pet-Supplies_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ1281QQsassZlogicaljohn

Back