• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy??

shel20

Alpha Buck
Iv noticed recently one of my buns bites my finger..not hard and kind of moves it out of the way when i go to rub his nose or go near something..like the bowl. Hes fine if hes relaxed and loves his body n nose being stroked but he seems grumpy with me somethmes when i go near him? could it be because hes playing and im getting in the way?

Try something for me... put a pen in front of him... does he pick it up and move it out of the way? If he does, then he is playing with you. The benjamin does this alot, and occasionally mistakes my finger for a toy. He was really torture when he was a house bun, he used to come up behind you and nip you on the back or something. It would hurt. He wasnt being agressive, he was just nibbling things. They test things with their mouths. Dont worry.

Bun is neutered. Is it the younger one thats doing it?

Also his hormones havn't fully settled down, as he has only been neutered a week or so, so he could be being a bit territorial. Does he grunt at you when you go near him? If so then it could be him being territorial, but it should settle down once his hormones do.

As long as he isnt boxing you as well, Oscar used to do this alot even after neutering when i went in his cage. Just the way he is. :lol:

no its the younger one bobby..yep hes neutered! bout a week ago or so. Ill try the pen thing when i get home but yeah he picks everything up and moves it out the way, cardboard boxes..toilet rolls etc..he is so adventurous, hes always climbing up/on things.i just thought maybe he didnt like me anymore....hes not as cuddly as he was when i got him..could that be because hes found his feet now being with me a month?!

no its the younger one bobby..yep hes neutered! bout a week ago or so. Ill try the pen thing when i get home but yeah he picks everything up and moves it out the way, cardboard boxes..toilet rolls etc..he is so adventurous, hes always climbing up/on things.i just thought maybe he didnt like me anymore....hes not as cuddly as he was when i got him..could that be because hes found his feet now being with me a month?!

Sounds like my Benjamin, i really dont think he hates you, just that he likes to chuck things around. I will get a video of the benjamin and a pen later.

Here is one of his chucking a dust pan and brush around

:roll:http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/neonchili/?action=view&current=714b252b.flv

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/neonchili/?action=view&current=1fdc9ad7.flv

ha ha..so funny! ooh good i feel better now..because i look after him so much with treats toys cuddles i would be upset if he was getting spoilt and turning on me like a naughty child!:lol:

Thats typical rabbit 'speak' for get out of my way :lol:

too right, this morning Miffy, the queen of the house, gave me a nip on the nose as i was in the way of her door of her house trying to give her a kiss and a nose rub! Obviously this wasn't what she wanted, and i got told! :)

ha ha stoppy bun! alfie gives me kises all the time but bobby always comes over and pushes alfie away and sniffs my nose..as if to say wait whats this ur kissin alf? ur only supposed to kiss me! ha

Minstrel loves moving things around, even if its only a tiny bit in his way he'll move it and then look as if to say 'who put that there, tut tut!'

aww i love them..they ahve such little characters...since getting mine a few months ago i am totally besotted...i spend so much time playing on the floor with them my boyfreind thinks iv gone mad!!:lol:

Sean does it just to annoy Minstrel so he'll move things, he's constantly putting toys and things in front of him so that he'll move them out of the way!

i like to stand toilet rolls up for bun can play "rabbit skittles". he never seems to get bored of pushing them over. either that or he's trying to tell me that toilet rolls aren't for standing up! :lol:

ha ha! men eah! my fella called alfie a little ****er this morn as he nearly tripped up over him while he was cleaning up as he was sniffing round his feet for ages! i went mad..how dare u call him that! and when i came in a bit later he was feeding him some parsley and talkin to him...bles!

Back