• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooty Bunny

Rabbit1986

Alpha Buck
Sooty-1.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pic, have to take them on my phone as he's scared of the falsh on my camera. Had to post a pic of my sooty bunny as he made me very proud last night.
We fonud Sooty about 4 week ago now in the middle of the road outside my boyfriends house. After nearly half an hour of herding we finally manged to get him into my boyfriends fully enclosed garden and get hold of him. He was very scared and very tired, so thankfully having a spare (admittedly very small) hutch i popped him in there with a bit of food and pleanty of hay where he snuggled down and went to sleep. Once we had eaten our tea (which i was in the middle of cooking when i had to go chase him round the streets) we went knocking on a few doors up the street and did find his "owners" two lads in there late teens early 20's who i quite had let him go biut the little :censored: keeps coming back" they told me to either just let him go and he might find his way back or just keep him :censored::evil::censored::evil:. Needless to say i kept him. Over the past 4 weeks his character has shone through he is a very cheeky very active little lad who really makes me laugh. He is very scared of men, especially my boyfriend who is of similar age and build to the lads that had him so i assume they hurt him, but he is slowly coming round, he was even brave enough to take a little bit of carrot from my boyfriends had on wednesday :love::love:.
Anyway he went to the vets last night for his first free check up, is been nuetered on thursay, having his myxi vacs 10 days after that and his VHD 2 weeks after that. The vet was really impressed with him when i told him his story, apparantly he is still slightly under weight, but nothing too serious, hes coat condition is fine and the vet said he is a credit to me, and wishes he met more responsible rabbit owners like me :oops::):oops::). They advised i needed to change him to pellets which i explained i would do once we are in our new house (complicated as to why i can't do it before) recomended a hutch size and was very impressed when i told him what i have planned as a hutch run combo for the new house, and the thing that made me really proud, the vet was male, and sooty didn't totally freak, he was scared but alot better than he would ahve been 4 weeks ago.
Sorry for essay just really proud of how far my sooty bunny has come :love::love::love:.
Once neutered and me and boyfriend are in our new house we will be getting hima wifey bun too.

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwwww Sooty is the sweetest bunny and I am so glad you found him and he now has a mummy that adores him :love:

Back