• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buffy Bunny Update and typing correction

Stephanie Cutler

Warren Scout
Good morning! Yesterday i miss typed the dossage for Metacam. Buffy recieved 0.4 mls of Metacam NOT 4mls- wrote post in a rush. Even though Buffy was eating some cabbage i took her to the outr of hours vet incase the improvement was the metacam perking her up. The vet put her oon the floor on withch she promptly weed ran into a corner and pooped! Everything was moving nicely through her gut again- lots of gurgling- and the vet did not charge which was lovely of her.

When we got home the culprit was staring us in the face in the porch. On the chair is a very large bag of WAGG bunny mix - Buff's fave as she is currently on Excell light. She had eaten her way through the bottom of the sack!

Can't believe we put her at risk like that- didnt know she could get onto the chair!
Could have been lethal!:cry: Very stupid mistake to make.

Buffy says thankyou for your replies- and promises she wont do it again:roll:
(you wont get the chance Buff!)

Anyone know of a weekly weight watchers meeting for Buffy?:p

Thanks again - Steph and the 22 strong fury mob:wave:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have faigue recall of a bunny fat camp that one rescue operates. They may be able to give you some tips. I think it is usually along the lines of

gradually reduce pellets
Increase hay
cut out fatty veg like carrots
increase excercise (bunny treadmill?)

Don't let them loose too much weight at once or it can cause kidney problems.

Buffy is the only bun that does not see the point of out doors----> read the label im a house rabbit thats H O U S E i dnt do gardens!:censored:

(cheekey little.....................)

Back