• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I saved a bunnies life today :)

Joanne26

Mama Doe
Well ok, it isn't the most spectacular story but i wanted to share it with my buddies on here :)

I was taking my Mam home today and had just turned off my street onto the main road when i saw a huge bunny hopping along the pavement (it was the spitting image of Amy and Ambers bun in her sig). Anyways i looked at my mam like this >:shock: and she was looking back at me like this >:shock:, and without a second thought i pulled up, jumped out of the car and started walking really slowly toward it. At this point my heart was pounding because i was terrified that it was going to run out into the road, luckily the next car slowed right down because they had obviously spotted this bunny too (but didn't stop to help :roll:). As luck had it the bun hopped into a front yard and i promptly went after it and shut it in (phew).

I went round the back of that house and asked them if they had a bunny or did they know anyone close who had? "No" was the reply :(. So i went back around the front where i had left my mam guarding the gate and went in for a closer look at this gorgeous bunny. Theres no way i could have walked away, so i told my mam to wait there while i ran around to mine for a carrrier, then i could at least get the bun safe while i went door knocking some more.

So i dash off for my carrier, and as i get back a little crowd has gathered around this front gate and all is sorted, the owner has been found and he is coming to get bunny..........lots of noserubs and 15 minutes later (they only lived a few houses up from where we were stood, yet it took them that long :shock:) the owner casually walks down to us and thanks us, then tells us his "brown one" is missing as well, because they keep digging under the fence and escaping :roll:
Now don't get me wrong, i thought it was fab that they were free range but we are surrounded by fields FFS, theres no way that they will get that one back :cry:

I'm so pleased the owner claimed the bunny but so flippin angry as well, that some people are so slack! :evil:

Sorry for the long ramble, i just wanted to tell you guys about my day. :)

Last edited:
oooh I wish you'd nicked off home with it too - sounds like the owner couldn't care less and it's lucky you came along! :shock:

Well done for saving this bun :shock:... :evil: to their bunnie owner! silly man..

I rescued a dog about 12 months ago I found him running on the road nearly getting knocked down.. I tried knocking on houses for an hour :shock:nobody knew where he lived :(
I then was told to take him to the police station 10 miles away which I did.. The next day I phoned to see him his owner had collected him, thankfully yes they had but was told next time not to bother as he would of found his way home..
I was fuming I'd spent 3 hours trying to sort that poor doggie out and that's the thanks I got :cry:

Well, WELL DONE on your grand save (which it was as poor bun could have been knocked down!!):shock:

HOPEFULLY owner will now learn from his mistakes!!!

TP;)

Well done for saving this bun :shock:... :evil: to their bunnie owner! silly man..

I rescued a dog about 12 months ago I found him running on the road nearly getting knocked down.. I tried knocking on houses for an hour :shock:nobody knew where he lived :(
I then was told to take him to the police station 10 miles away which I did.. The next day I phoned to see him his owner had collected him, thankfully yes they had but was told next time not to bother as he would of found his way home..
I was fuming I'd spent 3 hours trying to sort that poor doggie out and that's the thanks I got :cry:

Thanks Karen :), it 's awful when you try to help though and your efforts aren't appreciated :(, i would have done exactly what you did :)

Well done Joanne :thumb:

Poor bun - it's always so disappointing when you realise that so many people have such a casual attitude to their rabbits :roll:

Blimey!! stoopid owners :censored:

Well done you though, who knows what might have happened!

Thanks Nicola, i'm relieved that it went so smoothly. This particular path is frequented by dog walkers too, but thank god there were none around.

Well done Joanne :thumb:

Poor bun - it's always so disappointing when you realise that so many people have such a casual attitude to their rabbits :roll:

HELEN!! :wave: :D So nice to *see* you! :D And yes that was my thoughts entirely :(

HELEN!! :wave: :D So nice to *see* you! :D And yes that was my thoughts entirely :(

Aw, thanks :wave: Have been househunting and having a 'break' for purposes of retaining sanity ;) :lol:

Was thinking about you the other day, as it's just over a year since I joined the forum and I know you joined a couple of weeks before me. How time flies! :shock: :lol:

Aw, thanks :wave: Have been househunting and having a 'break' for purposes of retaining sanity ;) :lol:

Was thinking about you the other day, as it's just over a year since I joined the forum and I know you joined a couple of weeks before me. How time flies! :shock: :lol:

Yep, i have had a couple of those 'breaks' too! :lol:

And yeh, a whole year of RU :shock:, i don't remember what i did before i discovered this place :oops: :D

Thanks guys, this bun has been on my mind all day :( On a positive note the bunny looked in good health and was used to being handled because the owner just scooped him/her up in their arms. But i still feel bad for this bun for some reason? :roll::(

Back