• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit screamed.....feel terrible.

flowergirls

Warren Scout
Hi
Some of you may know I have my bonded trio of girls and also Blackberry, a now spayed girl who's been indoors all winter as we 'rescued' her 2 days before xmas. I was lucky with the trio bonding and thought I would have a go at bonding Blackberry with the others.
They have had 3 'bathtub' meetings which seemed to go ok, with mutual snuggling and NONE of the chasing and nipping I had with the trio bonding.
So- I just went for it and put them all in together in the Trio's home.
Straight away Daisy (the dominant bun, also spayed) started chasing her- there was no actual fighting, just chasing and a bit of fur pulling, but at one point Daisy cornered her in a corner of the run and Blackberry just started this dreadful screaming- so of course I plucked her out and cuddled her. Absolutely no injuries- she was not bitten, but was so terrified.
I waited a few minutes and tried again This time Daisy - and Bluebell this time- went up to her and she started screaming again before they even touched her. Rose took no interest in her whatsoever. I took her out and that was it.
Now I know rabbits only scream if absolutely terrified.:cry:
I think she's destined to be a housebun.

Poor Blackberry, and poor you! What does it sound like?

It was like a high long squeal, almost bloodcurdling. It shocked us (I was with my 2 little boys) as I have never heard a rabbit make a noise like that before and I had read that it's a sign of extreme fear.
Such a shame as I feel the others would have accepted her but she was too frightened of them.
She's quite happy now back in the house with us munching some broccoli. She seems to prefer the company of cats and kids to her own kind:roll:

i have a rabbit like that. I have never heard her scream but she is not interested in other bunnies apart from to duff them up if she can get close enough :roll:

But she is a complete soppy snuggle bun with me and my partner and will happily groom, snuggle and play with us to her hearts content. :)

A rabbit scream is awful to hear, it sounds so human :cry:

Bonnie used to scream when I picked her up.

A rabbit's scream is one of the worst things I have ever heard :cry: I remember when Magic was attacked my Holly she screamed and I felt so horrible :(

I've only ever heard a rabbit scream once, it was my little netherland dwarf Sally who I had as a child and I'm ashamed to say I neglected. She had a big run and everything but I spent little time with her and she must have been bored stiff in retrospect. She escaped from her pen once and I went to pick her up and she let out the most horrible scream I've ever heard. Truly awful. Poor thing was just looking for a bit of excitement. :oops:

Back