• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Folding runs - recommendations

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Can anyone recommend a good folding run for the summer weather? I've looked on ebay but not many of them are tall enough imo. I want a wooden one with a lid, I have a pws run which is great but I daren't take my eyes off them for a minute in case they escape or worse something attacks them...

Also, does anyone know if Happy Hutch have discontinued making their run extensions (to attach to their hutch/runs) - I can't find them on their website and I wanted to extend MJ and Opal's living space

I emailed happyhutch about the run extension several months ago after it had been taken off the website but they could still make them (or still had them, not sure which!) Don't know if that's changed but it's certainly worth dropping them an email to ask!

Thanks Alison, I have emailed them to ask. Why haven't I got a handy husband who can knock one up out of a few bits of wood :rolleyes:

Anyone have any recommendations for a folding run? :)

Can anyone recommend a good folding run for the summer weather? I've looked on ebay but not many of them are tall enough imo. I want a wooden one with a lid, I have a pws run which is great but I daren't take my eyes off them for a minute in case they escape or worse something attacks them...

Also, does anyone know if Happy Hutch have discontinued making their run extensions (to attach to their hutch/runs) - I can't find them on their website and I wanted to extend MJ and Opal's living space

I had one of my runs made by a guy up in Scunthorpe. It's 8'x4' and 2.5' high and is a folding one so it's dead easy to move around singlehandedly. Here are the details:
The company is called INPETS and they advertise on ebay.
The guy who makes the runs is RAY EDWARDS.
Address:
INPET
10 exmoor Ave
Scunthorpe
Tel: 01724847474

The only draw back with them is that they collapse into sections and you need help to hold it together till it's all clipped..unless that's just me being corrie-fisted! Still great value though.

The only draw back with them is that they collapse into sections and you need help to hold it together till it's all clipped..unless that's just me being corrie-fisted! Still great value though.

I fix 3 sides together by lying them flat on the ground, then put them upright and stick the pegs in the ground AND then add the back section with roof attatched.

Capel - do you have a link to INPETS on ebay, I've done a search but it says no such username/shop

Thanks for the link for the galvanised run, but I already have the pws run but I want something slightly more stable than a metal run, I really want a wooden run with a lid which folds down for winter storage....

It wasn't under the Inpets name..I'll have a trawl through my paypal records and see if I can find it for you.brb:)

I've just received a reply from Graham at Happy Hutch with a phone number to ring, and he says they'll be able to help me. So it sounds like they will make them to order, I'll have to ring and ask how much it will cost.

I called Happy Hutch a couple of weeks ago and they gave me some quotes for various sizes of runs to attach to the hutches. My garden is quite steep so we are limited with space for a run.

I've also been thinking about just getting a separate folding run for them but I have the same problem. I'm really looking for a 3' high one so that buns can sit on things in the run.

I know what you mean, some are only 18" which isn't tall enough at all, but I would love a nice tall one which folds away so they can sit on top of a box and survey their world. I might have to settle for a 2' tall one.. or adapt the pws run with a wooden surround as that is 3' tall (just thought of that, might think about that seriously)

Kathryn Ive made a couple of mesh and wood doors :shock: Im also in the process of making a large run. I had a drill and and jigsaw for mothers day :lol: Ive bought my wood from B & Q cheap too and its 2 by 2 thickness. Bought some mesh staples to bang the wire in with. Mesh came off Ebay and a bargain ! Its not that hard really. I suprised myself with the doors :lol: As you say you could use your PWS panels and staple them onto a wood frame.

Kathryn Ive made a couple of mesh and wood doors :shock: Im also in the process of making a large run. I had a drill and and jigsaw for mothers day :lol: Ive bought my wood from B & Q cheap too and its 2 by 2 thickness. Bought some mesh staples to bang the wire in with. Mesh came off Ebay and a bargain ! Its not that hard really. I suprised myself with the doors :lol: As you say you could use your PWS panels and staple them onto a wood frame.

Steph - thankyou so much, I promise it's not too far up the M6 for you to come, and I'll even make you a cup of tea whilst you work ;)

Seriously though, we tried making a run last year and failed miserably, hubby and I are definitely not DIY inclined!!! I have mesh in the garden and bits of wood but the wood is connected together only 18" tall for piggies. The wood was quite expensive too.. and wasted... so I do need to buy!!

Hellloo! I had a folding run made to order off a man from ebay for £90 as a temporary run for my bunnies until I can afford to get them a shed with an attached kennel. Its fully folding and is 8ft x 6ft x 2ft. Really nicely made too.

Heres the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-4-FULLY-F...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is for the 6ft x 4ft however if you send him an email with the sizes you want he will let you know the price. He made mine and sent it within a week.

xx

Thought I'd post a pic to give you an idea of what the run is like

323.jpg

It measures 8ft x 6ft x 2ft and is fully folding, the lid folds down and so does the sides so it can be put away. He can make them up to 8ft x 8ft x 3ft if you wish.

:)

Back