• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help me!!

fiver & tenor

Young Bun
Iv got 3 lovely indoor bunnies, and have been ticking along just fine. However I have just been offered a place at uni for medicine, which means I have to move.
I am hoping that my parents will look after my bunnies, while Im in halls/uni, but recently its looking like they wont take them.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I dont want to give them away to strangers, or shelters but I have wanted to be a doctor for 25 years!! Im really hoping that parents will come round, and I know that these animals are my responsibilty. What should I do, help please!!
Pauline

(ps Im in Glasgow)

Can't they go into Halls with you? Sorry is this totally impractical? Can you get student digs in a house?

Why not take them with you? Rather than going into halls can't you find a room in a house where they let you have pets? You could keep them in your room.

Hello and welcome

If your parents are unable to look after your buns for you and you cant take them with you,then someone on here will be able to help you.Have you checked out Rabbit Rehome on this site?This is how i got my two beautiful rescue bunnies,hope that you will be able to sort this out and good luck with Uni :D

They are not allowed in halls, and rented accomodation can be very iffy about pets. Plus financially I have to go to halls.. Im giving up alot, my flat, my car etc

As a student doctor, is it likely you are ever going to have time to look after 3 buns yourself? I guess the answer will probably be no, knowing how hard, and how many hours doctors put in.
It might be the time to think about rehoming them to people you have checked out and trust, or to get a local rescue to do this for you as they will only let them go to good homes.
An alternative is to put them into foster care until you are in a position to take them back. With the amount of study ahead - that could be a long time.
It is a difficult decision. But good luck to you and your future career.

Some people have had similar dilemmas recently, one thing that was suggested is that someone fosters them. You and the fosterer could split the costs of upkeep and they could give you regular updates and pics of the buns :)

Someone from RU may like to do this, ask around ;)

Update! My mum has said she will take 2, and my wee sister it taking her bunny that I was fostering for her back. Now this just leaves me with Freebie. The cutest little Dutch there is! (neutered boy, not sure of age as he was a stray)

Im asking around my friends, but if there is anyone on here that would either like to give him a new home, or Foster him for a few years, then please let me know.

I love my bunnies dearly, and this is breaking my heart, but if I dont move to Aberdeen in Spetember, then I will have to give up medicine for good.
Px

UPDATE AGAIN: Found someone to take Freebie! A nice trustworthy reliable family.. phew. And they are friends of mine so I can visit..

Last edited:
Back