• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous but excited......

pumsalient

Young Bun
I am going to pick up Murphy on Saturday (a 9 weeks old mini lop). I lost my beautiful 8 year old house bunny a few weeks ago which left me devastated. The house is so quiet and lonely without him and a couple of weeks ago I was unexpectedly in hospital which gave me a bit of a shock and brought home the importance of living life to the full. So, I have decided to adopt a new friend. I went to visit him last week and he was absolutely gorgeous and although a little shy nudged my hand for more fusses which seemed to be a good sign. I am excited and can't wait to see him again but at the same time I am a bit nervous. I know Brian can never be replaced and I will have a different new relationship with Murphy but as I haven't been through this before I am a bit anxious. After looking after Brian for 8 years I should know what I am doing....How has it been for other people when you have lost a much loved bun and then gained a new friend?

Aww congratulations where are you getting him from?

It took me a year after the death of my beloved Chester (a lovely dutch) to be able to even think of getting a new bun.

I now have Arthur who is a completely different bunny. Arthur is much harder to deal with and sometimes when I first got him I wished he was more like my lovely laid back Chester. But as the weeks past our bond deepened and although he can be a grumpy thing and aggressive I wouldn't be without him for the world. Also knowing I saved him from a Falconery makes him more special. Arthur has made me buck my ideas up and I have really studied Rabbit Body Language to minimise the aggression - we get on great now. I have learnt so much from having him and I am grateful to him for that.

Hello

I lost Sooty about a year ago and was totally lost without him. I got Honey about two months after he died. I thought I would find it difficult to bond with Honey but she settled in straight away and she had a totally different personality to Sooty. I did feel guilty about getting another rabbit but there are so many needing homes. My Honey is a mini lop to. Can't wait for piccies of your new bun. :)

Back