• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit genitalia - sorry!

DDD

Mama Doe
Does anyone have any pics of a male rabbits genitalia? I have been cleaning Douglas' 'bits' and rolling back his foreskin to do so. Just out of curiosity, I took a look at Desmonds, but when I rolled back his foreskin it was completely different!!! I want to know who is normal!! Anyone got any good web links, or any pics of theirs??? Thanks. Sorry for strange question.

I've never looked at Simba's :oops: Didnt think there was much to see :lol: Sorry i'm not much help am i! :oops: I know ive seen photos on here of how to sex a rabbit but dont think ive seen any photos of more details of male parts :oops:
in what way do they look different?:oops:

I've never looked at Simba's :oops: Didnt think there was much to see :lol: Sorry i'm not much help am i! :oops: I know ive seen photos on here of how to sex a rabbit but dont think ive seen any photos of more details of male parts :oops:

Sorry to make you blush!!!! They are both definitely boys as have been castrated. Just odd that they are so different

Does one look split?? Split penises literally look 'split' and are quite common - it can make telling a buck from a doe quite difficult.

I know what you mean though, some bucks are very 'pointy' at the end and others have a very obvious O shape. If that makes sense!!

I check under my bucks foreskins regualry (makes me sound like a right perv!) because I have seen several instances of sawdust getting stuck under the foreskin. Luckily I've always spotted this fairly quickly and never had any problems with my bucks but a freind of mine almost lost his buck after a mating and the bucks penis swelled up like a balloon - turned out a bit of sawdust was the culprit.

Well, Douglas is the one that I have been cleaning regularly, and his foreskin rolls back nicely and his willy is slightly pointed underneath and pops out easily if he will let me. Desmonds seems to roll back and no willy pops out, it just keeps rolling!!! (Hope that makes sense!!)

Back