• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no the bowl!

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
I know...lousy thing to complain about:lol:

A few weeks ago I managed to break Aroma's food bowl...it was a ceramic bowl..I had two of them (one for water and one for food) and since it was a lot of snow back then, I just to just throw them out into a pile of snow, the landing saved them..until the food bowl fell on the water bowl and broke:shock:
I was a bit mad about that, that bowl was one of my best ones (that is...one of two that were almost identical) until I saw a bowl in my local farming shop which seemed perfect! It was a ceramic bowl, even bigger and thicker than my old one:D So I bought one, and used it as a water bowl because it was so big, and Aroma loves to drink.

Today however...I came to feed Aroma (who currently lives in a hutch far above ground with concrete floor underneath) and the moment I opened the door, my girl accidentally pushed the "perfect" bowl right of the hutch and onto the concrete floor. Needless to say it's beyond repair:cry:And it wasn't cheap either! Particularly for one with such a limited income as I do... I'm very picky about what bowls to use, particularly for water since my rabbits toss around bowls that are too light (leaving metal and plastic out of the question) and they chew plastic... I have tried to make bowls myself in ceramic's class at school but they are too small and light.:cry:
This is not my day..:?

I went through loads of ceramic bowls when I first had bunnies! Several ways around it, swap the food bowl for a plastic one (doesn't matter if they throw it around when empty) or get rid of it entirely and use a treat ball. For water have a look at bird dishes that clip on to the cage so they can't be thrown.

Tam

I went through loads of ceramic bowls when I first had bunnies! Several ways around it, swap the food bowl for a plastic one (doesn't matter if they throw it around when empty) or get rid of it entirely and use a treat ball. For water have a look at bird dishes that clip on to the cage so they can't be thrown.

Tam

I have a bird-dish but she tips that one over too (flipping the water out of the cage)+she eats it:roll:
I've stopped using plastic bowls entirely, they either throw them around or chew them to bits:?

Why don't you use a plastic water bottle - the ones that clip on the front of the cage.They're much more durable & it'll free up some space in the hutch.

Why don't you use a plastic water bottle - the ones that clip on the front of the cage.They're much more durable & it'll free up some space in the hutch.

She does have a bottle, but they freeze so fast in this weather. I prefer using bowls in the winter, and the rabbits do too:roll: (Even Sasuke who is a house rabbit uses a bowl at the moment, since he's taken to "attacking" the bottle:lol:)

I have a palstic water bowl, i puched two holes in it and threaded a wire through to attach it the the cage mesh so it couldnt tip over.

you can get ceramic ramekins pretty cheap in kitchen type shops though

I have a palstic water bowl, i puched two holes in it and threaded a wire through to attach it the the cage mesh so it couldnt tip over.

you can get ceramic ramekins pretty cheap in kitchen type shops though

I am not buying another plastic bowl... as mentioned they eat them.
I swear to the ceramic bowls:lol: They're solid and (as long as they're heavy enough) hard to tip over...too bad they can't stand a drop from a meter and a half towards a concrete floor:p

Over the past three years I've only broken two, both by accident and both belonging to the same rabbit (only the first time it was my fault, the second time it was pushed out by said bunny) But this one I really liked... I want to get more of them but they're more expensive than than my other ones (except for the cat bowls...) and I'm poor... :roll:

I should have seen something like this coming....whenever I feel like I have a lot of money (which usually isn't too much) one of my animals fall ill...now I have a decent amount and Aroma breaks her bowl:roll: At least its better than her falling ill...she's 3 weeks pregnant and if anything happened to her or the babies it would be awful! :cry: So I guess a bowl is a small price to pay considering my paranoia:roll:

Back