• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Following on from the rabbit names threads

Isabel

Warren Veteran
What do you think your rabbits call each other??

It just occurred to me on the bus that Barney probably doesn't call Roxy Roxy :? I thought he would probably call her Primrose...I think it actually suits her better than Roxy but I don't think I could bring myself to rename her that. :? I wonder what she calls Barney?

If bunnies do think, which i am sure they will, it will most likely be in some sort of language we would never understand. You will never ever understand how they think really unless you were a bunny.

I am sure though they would think i was just foodgiver however they would communicate that.

Dear me, this is confusing and only you could come up with such a random topic :lol:

Joanne, I was just thinking the same! Because if Barney has ever seen a primrose, which I don't think he has, he certainly wouldn't know what it was called. I just don't know what to think anymore. Barney definitely knows his name but I don't know if Roxy uses it. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Slightly less random though...I used to listen to talking books about/written by Gerrald Durrell when I was a lot younger and he did a study on Tigers who he discovered had a complex language made up of sniffs. I guess it would make sense for rabbits to use a similar language as they are snuffly little things.

I so wanted Barney to call Roxy Primrose.

Joanne, I was just thinking the same! Because if Barney has ever seen a primrose, which I don't think he has, he certainly wouldn't know what it was called. I just don't know what to think anymore. Barney definitely knows his name but I don't know if Roxy uses it. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Slightly less random though...I used to listen to talking books about/written by Gerrald Durrell when I was a lot younger and he did a study on Tigers who he discovered had a complex language made up of sniffs. I guess it would make sense for rabbits to use a similar language as they are snuffly little things.

I so wanted Barney to call Roxy Primrose.

or they use nose twitching morse code :lol::lol:

I think they would have quite simple names really,

Me = the one who brings food
O/H = the one who is shouty
Nigel = the big thumpy one who likes to poo on our heads
Dougal = the one who is my rival (Nigel) the one who is my mate (Doris)
Doris = the one who is the boss (Dougal) the one who is a girl but smells of my rival (Nigel)
Colin = the one with the long tail who licks my head

:)

Well we always TALK like they call us mummy and daddy, but no doubt were just kidding ourselves and were "food machines":D

Im pretty sure Fae and Joey call eachother all kinds of terms of endearment as theyre forever grooming/snuggling/looking like theyre saying "here darling, let me get this bit of dirt from your fur, you poor love"

Luna calls me "in the way" a lot and gives me VERY firm nudges

We always said Sun used to call Charlie "auntie" and "matriarch"...their relationship was a lot like that:D Yes, were mad

Well we always TALK like they call us mummy and daddy, but no doubt were just kidding ourselves and were "food machines":D

Im pretty sure Fae and Joey call eachother all kinds of terms of endearment as theyre forever grooming/snuggling/looking like theyre saying "here darling, let me get this bit of dirt from your fur, you poor love"

Luna calls me "in the way" a lot and gives me VERY firm nudges

We always said Sun used to call Charlie "auntie" and "matriarch"...their relationship was a lot like that:D Yes, were mad

:lol::lol: My o/h sister got her bum nipped cos she didn't move out the way.

Back