• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many people "rename" their rescue buns?

becks

Alpha Buck
after posting on teh names thread i'm just curious how many people actually rename their buns taht they have adopted, and how many leave them with their former name?

we just ahve the one rescue bun - domino - and he was named tahtw hilst in his foster home. all our other rescues (rodents) have kept their former names tho too).

It would depend for us on how old the bun was and how long they had had that name...and of course if we liked it! But even if we werent overly keen on a name but the bun responded to it or had had it a while we would keep it and get used to it. If it was a baby on the other hand we would change. Good question, ive wondered other peoples views on this

:wave:

I kept Broome, because i think it's lovely :D

I don't think I would change any name unless I found it to be awful and not fitting with the character :lol:

I changed my rescue bunnies name, but he was a baby so I don't think he minded. My other 2 came from a breeder who didn't want them:(, they didn't have names when I got them.

I changed two of my three rescue piggies names.

Ozzy stayed as Ozzy because it suits him but i changed Adena and Adara to Venus and Serena because i didnt like the original names :lol:

I changed two of my three rescue piggies names.

Ozzy stayed as Ozzy because it suits him but i changed Adena and Adara to Venus and Serena because i didnt like the original names :lol:

Ozzy is a great name - and I agree that it suited him perfectly.

Will you keep Fudge & Cadbury? :D

My Nala was called Bluey when i got her :D Fifi didnt have a name when i got her as i reserved her as soon as she came in as baby :D

i kept pearls name...

i feel i would be rude changing a perfectly good pet name just because i could think of one better... :D

my mom kept Jets name but changed Ebony to Beauty cat resues btw not buns (i would have kept both names myself)

I've renamed all mine :oops:
In my defence though I didn't know how important Barney's original name was (He was one of the world bunnies)...and I didn't know how to say it properly. Mo had to be renamed really because it was getting confusing having Barney and Barnaby but TBH I prefer Barnaby and still secretly call him this although I don't think he really knows his name. Roxy also had to be changed as I have two close friends called Rachel so that would also have been confusing :lol:

But I don't purposefully rename them just has happened that way.

I would guess that I have renamed or given a name to 80% of the rescue bunnies, mainly because i dont like duplicates.

All of my own rabbits bar two were named by me, I kept Pippa and Bobby's names because they suited them.

I quite often have names picked out for certain types of rabbit.....for example I have kept Tundra for a fluffy white female for over 8 months!

I named both of mine as neither of them had names when i got them. I brought milo from a shop before i knew better :oops: and fizz was in foster care so hadnt yet been named. I did however change my horses name, he was once a race horse and his race name was dunston prince but his field name was ferret and i hated calling him that so i call him dunston .

I do, unless I love the names (and I haven't loved any of my rescue animals' names yet). For me it's about a new start. :)

I kept Broome, because i think it's lovely :D

I don't think I would change any name unless I found it to be awful and not fitting with the character :lol:

thats how i feel too, i wouldnt change it for the sake of it, unless it was awful!!

Like...my little pebbles being called MELISSA! :rolleyes:

Depends how long they had it. I don't see a problem unless they know their name.

Worm (cat) was a stray and only had her old name a week. It was Tilly, which I hated and also the name of my sister's dog. My Mum wants to rename Worm when she goes to live with them as they think it's stupid but I've told them I don't want them too- it wouldn't be fair when she's had it 4.5 years.

We kept Charlies name when we got her as she had lived with it all her life and it did really suit her. We changed our old Amiles from Flopsy because a-that really didnt suit her and B-she hadnt even been called anything for half of her life, and it was such a miserable existence we believed she deserved a fresh start

Jason was 'jason' when i got him from the rescue centre. Everyone tells me its a daft name for a bun but i think it suits him! I call him jase a lot now though, or...ahem...bun buns :oops: :lol:

Back