• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which VHD Vacc to you use?

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hi

When Nushka had her VHD vacc she had a bad reaction to it - Cylap. Daisy & Gabriel are due on Sat so I have asked my vet to order me Lapinvacc (edit now corrected - is Lapinject) I have had to order 5 doses but its valid until June 08.

Which vacc do you use? I know Jane has done a study on it.

Last edited:
No idea.......but I'm having the VHD done on the 16th April so I'll tell you then. Sotty did get a scab from it last year but was otherwise fine.

Lapinject what a great name
Oscar has a reaction too it when he first had it which was almost 2 years ago, none have had a reaction since.

I just read your other thread.......Poor you taking a limping bun to the vets for the limp to vanish as soon as she gets there :lol::lol::lol: Bit like me with my lopsided sniffer rosie. Bet they think we're mad.

I just read your other thread.......Poor you taking a limping bun to the vets for the limp to vanish as soon as she gets there :lol::lol::lol: Bit like me with my lopsided sniffer rosie. Bet they think we're mad.

:oops::oops::oops: Yeah I had forgotten about that :lol::lol::lol: They know I'm mad anyway !!! :rolleyes: .............and erm as for you... well :lol::rolleyes:

Lola had a very bad reaction to Cylap. She pulled all the fur out of the injection site, badly enough for it to bleed and she also had the VHD. I did not know this could happen and i saw very worried. She went to see the emergency vet but she recovered fine. I've requested using Lapinject next time:D

Lapinject, I asked our vets to change from Cylap after reading about all the nasty side effects and they were happy to do this.

All rabbits at the practice now receive Lapinject.

Back