• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibre glass hutchs/playhouses

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Ive been quoted about £200 for my mums friend to make me a big pink fibre glass house with double glazing windows in :)lol:) Does anyone have expierence with fibre glass housing e.g will it need insulated, does it get really cold etc?
Any advice gratefully recieved

I only know it from Cannoes. The only thing from experience I'd be worried about it the smell. But then it was 15 years ago that I used to do canoe so maybe it doesn't smell so toxic now.

Last edited:
They make all sorts out of it jack - you find big slides in waterparks are made from it!
apparently its 100% safe for rabbits just unsure wether to go for it or go wooden! atleast rats cant chew threw the fibre glass (i hope..)

They make all sorts out of it jack - you find big slides in waterparks are made from it!
apparently its 100% safe for rabbits just unsure wether to go for it or go wooden! atleast rats cant chew threw the fibre glass (i hope..)

Oooh!
I didn't know a playhouse could be made from that?:roll:

How big would you be having it\/

the size of a child's playhouse with an upstairs,downstairs and little stairs or a ramp for em!
and yep - u can get hutchs made of em - never seen a playhouse made of it but apparently its do-able!

At least there's no chance of it rotting like wood. I'd be worried about the splinters off it tho unless it is shiney on inside and outside. I would imagine it would get very warm in summer tho.

Helen x

Rats can chew through concrete, give enough time :shock:

I would be unsure about getting a fibreglass playhouse. Its basicly gonna be a bigger version on those dark green plastic hutchs you get at P@H. And they get TOO Hot in the Summer and they have a massive opening and they are not good in my opion.

http://www.snugspetstore.com/images/Products/rabbitt1.jpg

I really do this its best to stick to a normal wooden play house. Your gonna be better of, trust me.

For £200 you can get a nice big playhouse and a run.

Sorry.

m
xx

I think a wooden playhouse would be better as well. Plus you can paint it any colour you like and decorate it with window boxes and things.

I heard the pink paint you can get for painting wood is toxic to bunnys tho??
Think i may deffo go for wooden if the temprature inside is gunna be a problem for the buns

Stick with a Wooden one defo's. May i ask why does the playhouse fibrglass or wooden have to be pink?? Just a good lick on wood stain will look super.

m
xx

Back