• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unwanted Gift For Son.......

Who is also thinking that on top of love it needs neutering, vaccinating, worming, a good size hutch and good quality feed.:censored::rolleyes:

There must be hundreds of adds like that on it.:cry:

I got a rabbit and a guinea pig off there last week. They were living in a small cage together. Once I had seen the photo, I couldn't get it out of my head, so I had to go and get them.

I am trying to make myself not go on that website now...

i think thats a bit harsh, if i my child was given a pet tarrantula idbe advertising it needing a new home!not like she bought it and changed her mind

i think thats a bit harsh, if i my child was given a pet tarrantula idbe advertising it needing a new home!not like she bought it and changed her mind

I think the moral of the story is animals do not make good gifts unless you know they are wanted! Its not like buying someone clothes they dont like and taking it back to the shop.

Hopefully you'd word the ad' more tactfully though..............
'Unwanted Gift' gives the impression that the Rabbit is nothing more than an object. All too common sadly.
Personally I dont think any animals should be given as a present. Especially not to children

Janex

Those ads make my hands itch! I can't go on there because I know I'll end up taking them just to get them out of there, and then be up to my ears in rabbits and have no husband!!
:(:censored::(

I sent a message to the *unwanted gift* ad about the dangers of free ads etc, and a link to the rescues.

I hope they read it and don't just delete it!

Oh my lord..."one is dominant and wants to mate the other theyre not very friendly"...WHAT!?:censored::censored: Whats WRONG with people? Why dont they just have a READ or something or ask a vet:cry:

Or check the net - join a forum maybe? I was once congratulated by somebody on RU when I joined as I was "getting educated" before I got my buns...At the time I sort of assumed most would "get educated" as you, after all, will have to deal with the consequences if you're not. However, sadly I am beginning to see why this person made the comment - it would appear lots of people "can't be bothered" despite the fact that doing a bit of research costs nothing but a little time...

As for the "gift" thing...dear, dear, dear me.

TP:(

Those ads make my hands itch! I can't go on there because I know I'll end up taking them just to get them out of there, and then be up to my ears in rabbits and have no husband!!
:(:censored::(

Same here, last time I went on I ended up with a rabbit and a guinea pig. My OH doesn't know yet. He will probably go nuts when he finds out!

Back