• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about a lazy boy - Advice please

My boy Joey has become very lazy lately. All he wants to do when he is out his cage is sleep in his fav spots and have fuss. He doesn't run around or be naughty anymore.

He does come running for food, I've checked his hocks (his a rex) they look fine, not sure if there is anything wrong or his just become lazy. His only about two years old.

Am I worrying about nothing?

We are going out at the weekend to buy some more cardboard boxes to make house/tunnels, but he'll prob just sit in them like everything else he has!

does he have a friend? Mine are much more active when they have a play mate compared to my foster buns which are generally solo. The solo buns wont run round unless I'm there.

does he have a friend? Mine are much more active when they have a play mate compared to my foster buns which are generally solo. The solo buns wont run round unless I'm there.

Yeah he has Bugys, who is very active! Always running around, they used to be like a tag team!

Now he just watches her.

When Floss and Bournville were housebuns they just lay about and the most active thing they did was follow the shaft of sunlight as it moved round the room.:lol: If his behaviour changed fairly suddenly then it might be an idea to have him checked over by your vet.

My fat lops are lazy - actually no, I'd say totally bone idle! They just lay about waiting for their dinner and that's it - Hence I got the girlies so they run about a bit.

Girlies to be introduced soon...... when I'm brave enough!

When Floss and Bournville were housebuns they just lay about and the most active thing they did was follow the shaft of sunlight as it moved round the room.:lol: If his behaviour changed fairly suddenly then it might be an idea to have him checked over by your vet.

Wouldn't say its changed suddenly, just over time his got lazier! His got to have injections next month so may just get him checked over then for piece of mind I think.

Buns can be quite bouncy and naughty when young, but as they grow up they calm down.
Nigel is very placid now,(except when you try and handle him!) and after his investigation of the garden everyday (which might be 5 minutes or 5 hours depending on how he feels) he comes in and flops on the floor and sleeps for the rest of the day. Sometimes he doesn't even make it into the house, and goes to sleep under his favorite bush!
I agree with others that if his behaviour changes a lot in a short time there may be a problem, but if it's just a gradual thing and he's still eating he should be ok. :)

Buns can be quite bouncy and naughty when young, but as they grow up they calm down.
Nigel is very placid now,(except when you try and handle him!) and after his investigation of the garden everyday (which might be 5 minutes or 5 hours depending on how he feels) he comes in and flops on the floor and sleeps for the rest of the day. Sometimes he doesn't even make it into the house, and goes to sleep under his favorite bush!
I agree with others that if his behaviour changes a lot in a short time there may be a problem, but if it's just a gradual thing and he's still eating he should be ok. :)

Defo still eating :lol:

Thanks for the replies x

My Duncan has got lazier as he's got older. Actually he's only just turned 1! He's a big bunny though so what I do is when he's playing, I just chase him around the garden! Otherwise he would just sit in his favourtie spot under the tree and just chill! The neighbours must think am loopy loo!

hes not a frenchie is he? My Bertie is like that..came to us like it..weve had him 2 years this sept..and hes so lazy he even sleeps when hes put in the garden..(hes a housebun)...

some buns are lazy like you get lazy cats dogs and humans!! but its something when people ask you if your rabbit ever actually does anything but sleep:oops::oops::lol::lol:

if you find a cure or reason do tell!!:lol:

Back