• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HVD vacination O_o ?

I think my vet's dyslexic. Which kinda worries me. So I took my buns in for their myxi jabs and booked them in for VHD and the vet and receptionist both corrected me stating that it's HVD. So I got them vaccinated yesterday...and again HVD.

Now VHD stands for Viral Haemorrhagic Disease, so what on EARTH is HVD?

I've occasionally heard it refered to as HVD. Cant think where now though! I think its just the same thing. I dont know to what degree HVD is incorrect though or perhaps just an alternative term :?

I don't get it, the bloody vets were being so rude to me for calling it VHD, which as an acronym is true to the disease. I have no idea what HVD is an acronym for other than a dyslexics VHD. I'm kinda mad now as I googled what VHD was and found that I was right and I don't like people being rude to me when I'm right.

Can anyone tell how much I hate my current vets?

Jane: So it is just them mixing the words around? I googled HVD and only got VHD results. Thank you though. I'm glad it is the same thing. Now I know they're not being incometent, just rude.

I get the same at my vets... they like to "correct" what I have said - which makes me feel stupid and that I've got it wrong :roll:

Just don't worry about it! :D

Hannah

Everyone years ago used to call it HVD and when the vaccine came out it got changed to VHD. No real reason really, its all the same virus with just the name switched round :D Maybe the pharm company prefered the sound of VHD :lol: Older vets do tend to still call it HVD....
Maybe it sounded too much like Human Venereal Disease?!?!?:lol:

Back