• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parents!!!!!

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
my parent keep on and on at me to give up my animals! it really gets me down that they think i can just give them up like that :cry: i have love for my animals i dont think i could ever give them up i try and say well would perfer me to be like all the other young ppl round here and get drunk, come back pregnant or do drugs but they dont seem to take notice!:cry:
they seem to give me the impression that they believe that they are just like wood and can just be passed on never mind becoming attached to them.:cry:
What would you do? yes im 22 and still live at home with my moany parents!

Perhaps it's time to move out?

Id second that, maybe something to think about if theyre sick of the animals-their home afterall, even though i personally couldnt understand not wanting gorgeous creatures about! Although i suppose the odd pet is one thing and breeding another!:)

Last edited:
Id second that, maybe something to think about if theyre sick of the creatures-their home afterall, even though i personally couldnt understand not wanting gorgeous creatures about!

thats the thing the animals arent even on their property but on my friends smallholding who lives 9 mins away from me by walking:? thats wat i cant understand at all!:?

I think parents always moan about something. ;) My parents are always trying to say that the animals will hamper our lifestyle. But they are our lifestyle, so I don't get it. :? They are big softies really.

My dad has the same attitude here.
Well, he does in so much as I have four rabbits, who he dislikes/complains about/is jealous of... and he thinks that my having the four of them means I'm all set to become a 'mad rabbit lady'. Plus, he prefers the way my younger sister acts. She's a 'normal' teen, which I never was. I'm 20 now, and he cannot understand why, unlike other people my age, I've got no interest in going out and drinking myself silly, doing drugs or getting a boyfriend. :roll: He thinks I'm peculiar, and far too into animals... Luckily, my mum is on my side and has had to reassure me several times when something my father has said has left me in tears, and considering myself something of a freak.

Moving out is all well and good, but she'll have to start paying rent and it aint cheap.

I dont know if you are paying your parents anything at the moment, but all i know is one down side to moving out would be that you'll have less money to spend on the buns and you'll have to work out if you'll be able afford to keep all of them within your new budget.

This is one of the reason i havent moved out of my parents, i know if i moved out i wouldnt be able to to afford to have pets at all, let alone feed myself.

My dad are ok-ish with me have pets, but only tolerates it cause he can see it makes me happy and is always biting his lip because he thinks im wasting my time, but i know where the bondery lies. I have set balance with them, and as long as i keep them sweet, alls good. Max im alound is a pair/tro of buns in the shed, a hamster and my two tanks. At the moment i only have my two tanks running.

m
xx

They just like to whinge and make sure that you are getting out and about like 'normal' people, my Mum thinks if I go to the gym 4 times a week I'm obsessed and if I don't go on a night out for a couple of weeks then I need to get out- hmm with what money and time exactly I have a tonne of uni work to get through, just tell them you are happy living your life the way that you are doing and if you wanted to go out then you would.

Moving out is expensive especially in my area! :shock: I've looked at the prices a while back and I was :shock:!

I'm 21 so really ought to move out soon, but I know I can't afford it to be honest yet :?

I do work so :wave:

it may well be that he thinks the animals are holding you back. At 22 I would expect my children to have plans for the future, wether that is moving out, going to uni, planning a career, getting a job starting a business don't really mind. 22 is old enough to have plans and to be firmly working towards some thing.

I'm trying to make plans for my future (I do work btw but day off today) at 21 years old hence why I'm not planning to add to my furries any time soon :wave:

Raven, your thread has just got me majorly confused about my life now :? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel i'm 24 and live at home, after having my own house with my ex and I find it Very stressful! Unfortunately I don't have the cash to rent somewhere or buy.

Helen x

I moved out of my parents house when I was 16............I am 49 this year, married, have 4 children and three grand-children......and my mother STILL tries to tell me what to do!!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

i see where your coming from with moving out.i moved out at 18 with 2 kids n god its bloody hard.rent costs a bomb because its a large 3 bedroom house.stay at home if i were you!;)x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They just like to whinge and make sure that you are getting out and about like 'normal' people, my Mum thinks if I go to the gym 4 times a week I'm obsessed and if I don't go on a night out for a couple of weeks then I need to get out

Hahahaha Class ! :thumb: :lol::lol::lol: So true... My mum is the best. This weekend I was moaning I wanted chocolate to which she said " You eat too much of it!" and then when I say I am not hungry and turn down things she deems me anorexic :rolleyes::lol: I canny win!!!! :rolleyes:

parents are proper weird

Ive had my own place for nearly three years, my dad is still on at me to move sorrel back outdoors even though it doesnt affect him in the slightest bit :? i dont see the issue!

Back