• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch, is it any good?

Erm how does he get from the shelf down to the ground?

Is it going to be on concrete?

Is your boy neutered? This would help with his litter trainig.....

Erm how does he get from the shelf down to the ground?

Is it going to be on concrete?

Is your boy neutered? This would help with his litter trainig.....

No he's not neutered, had to take our cat to the vet today so while we were there I asked about booking Munchie in. So he should be done soon.

It will be going on concrete but will have a wooden floor.
It comes flat packed so O/H can do some DIY, and lower the shelf and put a ladder in.

Are you attaching a run to it?

I may have read it wrong but it says the size is 5.5ft by 2.5ft by 3.5ft. Which is ok as a hutch size but not a hutch and run if you see what I mean. :)

Are you attaching a run to it?

I may have read it wrong but it says the size is 5.5ft by 2.5ft by 3.5ft. Which is ok as a hutch size but not a hutch and run if you see what I mean. :)

Yeah i agree. Its kinda small. Sorry. :oops:

m
xx

Hi!

I have some runs made from the same wood, I would varnish the outside to strengthen it and buy some of that metal edging that plasteres use to put on wall corners (can't remember what they are called but they sell them in diy shops) and put on any exposed frame work on the inside. It is a softer wood and will be chewed to bits in less than a week otherwise :roll:

It's sweet. I would put chipmunks in it. I'm slightly worried that it says 'Dog Kennel' though :shock:

Sorry but it doesn't do it for me. In my opinion it's way too small unless you are planning on adding other additions like a run and some more housing. The dimensions of the whole thing, would only just pass for the size of the hutch size if I were doing a homecheck for my old rescue centre.:)

Sorry!:(

I've got a 6' run in the garden :)

Well if you can attach it permanently and put the whole lot on hardstanding then you should be fine. I would make sure though that the run is tall enough for your buns to stand periscoping in the whole thing and I would probably put a hard weather proof top on at least part of the run so that your bun has more space undercover than just the new part of the hutch. I normally use marine plywood covered with roofing felt. Your little bun just needs to have sufficient space in shelter for all kinds of weathers.

:D

:wave: My O/H has just bought me a new hutch, what do you think? It's for Munchie, my single boy bun who refuses to use his litter tray. :roll: O/H is fed up with the poo/wee on the carpet so Munchie has to go back outside.:cry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCK-Chicken-...ryZ46292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hi ye i know how you feel about the mess in the house lol. ive got 2 lionheads ive recently put them outside (in hutches) but mine are home made my husband made 2 for me in the shed we have there 4ft by 3ft hutches my 4 yr old son can lye down in them there massive probbably be best to make them you do them as big as you want then an its cheeper :wave:

Back