• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strong play tunnel?

clairen

Warren Scout
Anyone know of where I could get a chew resistant play tunnel longer than a Chube? I had one of those bendy green plastic ones but I took it back to Pets at Home because splinters of plastic were being chewed off. Cheap options would be good ;)
Thanks, Claire

hi,
we get ours from b & q.... i think they are drain pipes!!!:lol:
they are cheap and last forever..
they are big enough for a "normal"size bun/ guinea bit too small for a giant.
my husband thinks im mad because i look at things that are not meant for pets and so long as they are safe ,use them!
we have a bun called parsley buttons who loves to be on the move and is always investigating things...
diy places are great ,and you can get free carpet roll tubes from a carpet shop;)

sometimes you can beg those big terracotta ones off road fixing men.

I just make loads out of carboard and tape - theyre free so it doesnt matter when they get chewed. :)

Thanks for that!

My friend's hubby is a carpet fitter so I'll beg some tubes from him. Also off to B+Q to source those drain pipes (unless in the meantime I see any men digging up the road :lol:)

Claire x

I've got a drain pipe thingy from B&Q. It's brown plastic with ridges on it. Think it cost about £15.

Unfortunately it's only about 6 inches in diameter, so only small rabbits fit through it. :(

That's handy - I need to build a tunnel to connect my bunnies new hutch to a run my Dad gave me. Looks like a trip to B & Q is in order. How helpful do you think the staff will be if I ask them for drainage pipes suitable for the average sized minilop:lol:

Snugglesafe Bunny Warren.

Its quite durable although our two have nibbled a bit of it, I have seen them at Pets at Home, but you can also get them on Amazon. They are washable and have interconnectors. Our two love their tunnel.

Back