• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The joys of a cardboard box!

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I cut two holes in a box & filled it with bedding for Hugo, thinking he'd have a bit of a chew & not much else - how wrong was I?! He's hardly left it since i gave him it a few days ago.Here he is, proving that a good old cardboard box is more fun than any expensive rabbit toys :lol:
Anyone else want to share pics of their buns enjoying the humble box? :wave:

Copyofhug1.jpg

Copyofhug2.jpg

Copyofhug3.jpg

Aww Looks like he's really enjoying himself. My buns used to have a cardboard guy box. They used to sit in it for hours! Now they have got a plant pot full with hay that they like to snuggle up in:wave:

I get cardboard boxes from work every week or so for mine and they are much appreciated ! :D Will get some pics the next time they get one!

My bunnies all love cardboard boxes too - especially filled with hay!:)

That always happens to me as well, bunnies just seem to love cardboard boxes filled with hay!!

Mine always have a large cardboard box outside in their run with their tunnel attached and a little flap to come out of - they spend hours in it or on top of it.:D

Awww great piccies. Mine love our dishwasher box ( which has smaller boxes inside ) and the phone books so they can dig.
maddieBox.jpg

maddiebox3.jpg

Just asked my dad if he can bring home some huge boxes tommorrow (he's a scaffolder and he has got his own bisuiness and yard so he has got them massive ones :))

Im gonna start making one tommorrow...

Wish me Luck x

Ours have a box each, and we have to replace them at least once a week, coz after that the box can no longer support its own weight and collaspes.....I would say we use 2-3 boxes per week. forunately we go over to the local shop and ask them for some......Im quite open and always tell them wot they are for.....:lol::lol::lol:

I put a box in with my boys - for ages it was left alone in the corner maybe getting the odd headbut.

It was in there for a good month before they finally decided to get it out of its corner, put it in the middle of the run and give it a good chewing and flattened it. In the space of a day it was shredded into peices and left in a heap.

Bl**dy vandels :lol:

Back