• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help..i cant stop thinking about it!

shel20

Alpha Buck
Hi guys..one of my close friends same age as me..22 her little brother has a bunny, she is in a large cage on her own in a shed which has the doors open most of the time to let in light. i only noticed her the ther day! when i said..ooh bunny can i cuddle her..she siad yeah and she was so timid u couldnt stroke her. basically i think her brother feeds her but as she is timid thats all they do:(
She doesnt have a run or go in the garden and i felt so sorry for her.I tried to say aw give her cuddles or get a frined for her but she just said it was her brothers..who is about 9:( I cant stop thinking about how lonely it must be for her in there.She is clean and has a nice hutch but i cant get her off my mind..my boyfriend says its not my problem but what else can i do???

Hi,
It doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't spending time with the bunny if she is timid. One of mine is very timid and I spend loads of time with him. However it is very sad that she is on her own in the shed. What terms are you on with their parents? Could you suggest getting a second bunny to them and suggest a run...could atleast be let out in the shed during the day if they aren't around to supervise garden time.

You could gather some leaflets together and make an information pack for him. Then just say 'these used to be mine but I thought you might like them, they are really useful' and hope they take note. You can get some good leaflets from your vets.

no the sheds not that big, just enough for the hutch and food etc...i know they dont spend time with her she told me:( iv tried the jokey way u know saying u better give that bun some love or else..but i dont think she takes it on.if it wa shers she would prob be better but its her brothers so she feels she cant? iv suggested she get one too as a friend but i dont think she wil....its so hard when i see mine playing together i think about her all alone

yeah could try that witht he leaflets...but im so tempted to buy a run and say someone gave it to me but i dont need it! they have a huge lovely gardenshe could play in too?!

Could they at least give the rabbit the run of the shed instead of being in the hutch?

Drake is quite timid, but I spent loads of time with him. Maybe have a chat with her saying that she needs space and a run. If you tell her straight and tell her the truth, she may come to senses and think ' We need a run!'

Jack x

still cant get this little bun off my mind...so what do u guys think about this..i just buy a cheap run off e-bay, say someone gave it to me but its not right for me and give it to them? that way ill feel sooo much better!?

You could try that if you think it will help...do you think they'd use it?
I think getting leaflets as well is a good idea because the poor little bun needs some company.

yeah im gonna suggest she get one too...a friendly bun..let her round to see mine! and how well i look after them and also give them the run....that way at least they will be friends in the hutch and ill make sure she knows loads about them..ill convince her! that way she will have enthusiasm for the new one and the old bun will get some love too..and a friend! what do u think?

Back