• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunny lumps from yesterday..diagnosed!

shel20

Alpha Buck
took alfie to vets this morn (with bobs for comfort) to get those weird spikey lumps on each side of his bum checked.....and i feel silly but he just said they were large scabs..and that it was a coincidnce they were in exactly the same place on each side..so i wasnt stupid to worry..but still felt a little!he n bobs must of had a scrap i didnt know about?! but i was shocked as alfie is the little nowty one and bobby is so placid! they are best of frinds now so must of been a while ago! the vet just pulled it off him..which i thought was wrong and he bled and it will just have to scab over again?? at least its nothin serious though im relieved! should i bathe the little area with water or anything?...he left the other scab on..but the vet was busy and kind of shood me out so didnt get time to ask q's!

I'm glad it was nothing serious. Strange place to have them though, even if the buns had scraped.

Did you get a chance to ask about vaccinations?

If they won't do them i would strongly recommend finding another vet who will :)

i think they were prob a rough bum nip?...must of been deep though!poor thing! yep the vaccinations that had to be 18 month were the special offer ones or somethin? why didnt she just say..but u can pay full n have them done and i would of said ok?! silly woman!:roll:

Yes I'd bathe them. Mo had a few scratches from a fight with Barney and I thought they were clean but the vet said the infection can go deep as rabbits claws are long.

how come the vets didnt say anythin.?.he just pulled it off and put him bak i the carrier! what should i bathe it in? plus i thought the scab looked a bit yellowy...yukky i know but.........

Back