• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Charlie

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Hmm my perfectly potty trained little man has taken to being naughty. He was easy to litter train and when in his hutch or in the house he uses them perfectly when I let him and Poppy out he decides to jump on top of the hutch and leave a nice big pile of poops and a puddle of wee there, whilst it is funny and I can easily tell his guts are healthy it's getting a bit annoying and the poops then roll down the back of the hutch and I have to sweep them out from underneath.

At first I thought that he was being fussy and his trays weren't emptied enough but he demonstrated this wasn't the case when I opted to empty them even more frequently and he did it as soon as they were cleaned out.

I then thought some jeyes and boiling water would stop him- nope he's still doing it.

Any further ideas, the only thing I can think of now is to put something up so he can't get up there at all. He started doing it when I left a tray up there whilst cleaning the hutch out :lol:

vinegar? That will remove the smell of pee. But maybe block it off for a week so hopefully he'll forget about it....or, if they're only out there for a short run around, why not give him a litter tray to sit in up there.

Misty has a litter tray which she uses when shes in the hutch but when she is running round the house she just cant be bothered...lazy little minx :lol:

vinegar? That will remove the smell of pee. But maybe block it off for a week so hopefully he'll forget about it....or, if they're only out there for a short run around, why not give him a litter tray to sit in up there.

I'll try that, I think it's the litter tray that was up there that has caused him to do it and they are out all day so I'll get some vinegar at it and block it off for a bit- thanks

Back