• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm getting a shed!!

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Woop i'm getting a shed in the next month or two for the bun buns.
Not too sure on the size yet but possibly 8x6 or maybe a little smaller and they already have an 8x8 run which is getting attached to the side.

I have a few Q's tho. If they have been answered elsewhere please point me in the right direction!

How do you keep it warm in winter and cool in summer? And make sure it doesn't get too stuffy so they get fresh air etc. Do they need a light?

Do i need to put anything on the floor? I was thinking vet bed for half the floor maybe, so they have something soft to sit on?

Hi I used to keep my previous bunny in a converted playhouse. What I did to keep him cool in the summer was have a run attached to the front and take out the window at the front and replace it with wire. I would then put the window back in when it was winter time. I didn't have any sort of heating. I used to have a lamp that I took out in the dark. I didn't put anything on the floor. I think some people put lino down on shed floors.

If you put lino down on the floor then it will be easier to clean. Then you can put mats or vetbed in for then to sit on.

You can make an inner mesh door, then the outer door can be left open for lots of fresh air.

we've just converted our shed into the bunnies new house. I used a sheet of polythene damp proof membrane to line the floor. It was only about £15 from B&Q, much cheaper than the £50 i got quoted for lino!:wave:

My shed is 6 x 4. The full story of making it can be found here:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106034

This is a basic picture of the inside (there have been some minor changes since like painting and a piece of profleece instead of the cream rug)...

16.jpg

Originally I used vinyl tiles on the floor, however I found that they didn't stick down too well and they were coming off and got stuff and dirt stuck between them so I replaced it wit one piece. Bought and off-cut from carpet right for about £25!

Hannah

Back