• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A&P

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
Hiya

Just wondered if anyone knows the full range of different rabbit feeds that A&P do? I currently have my buns on the natural pellets but I think there are other types. I tried emailing them to ask what feeds they do and what the contents are of each food but haven't had a response. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I want to find out as I think the natural pellets have alfalfa in them and Im not sure if this is good to feed??:roll:

We've got a bag of A&P outside. I can have a look on the bag for information if u want.

I've found this on a website.
Allen And Page Natural Rabbit Pellets
This is the pellet used here with the bunnies. This is a complimentary food and should be fed with fresh hay, greens, vegetables and water. Contains Protexin, a probiotic.
Oil 3.25% Vit A 8000 IU/KG
Protein 12.00% Vit D3 1000 IU/KG
Fibre 23% Vit E 60 IU/KG
Ash 11% Moisture 13.80%

This does NOT contain a Coccidiostat.

Ingredients:
Cereal Straw, Wheat Feed, Oat Fibre, Ryegrass Meal, Organic Lucerne, Linseed, Calcium Carbonate, Molasses, Vitamins and Minerals, Protexin Microflora, Mint.

Allen and Page are committed to using NON GM ingredients and are approved by the Vegetarian Society.

I was told last week by a breeder that the top notch food to feed bunnies is Alan and Page herbs n fibre. I don't know the content as I haven't bought any yet but I know you can buy it online. Has anybody else tried this as I want to buy the best for my bun?

I was told last week by a breeder that the top notch food to feed bunnies is Alan and Page herbs n fibre. I don't know the content as I haven't bought any yet but I know you can buy it online. Has anybody else tried this as I want to buy the best for my bun?

oh I've never heard of that! I'd be interested for more info too.
The only A&P I've seen are the natural rabbit pellets and the breeder grower pellets for baby buns and lactating mumbuns.

Thanks for that Bubbles, it's weird cos I didn't think that the natural rabbit pellets had alfalfa in but when i got the bag home it was definitely listed as an ingredient.

I have seen the herbs and fibre food on the website but that has alfalfa in it too...

I will keep trying to get in touch with Allen and Page and if I get any more info I will post it...

thanks for your replies though everyone...:wave:

That's interesting Diddeen - can anyone tell me why it is bad to give buns alfalfa?:?

Alfalfa contains high levels of calcium. Unfortunately rabbits bodies can't process calcium in the same way as other animals or humans do, so the calcium sometimes builds up in the bladder and causes sludge or stones which irritate the bladder and cause urinary tract infections.

You don't have to avoid feeding alfalfa completely, but you definitely wouldn't want to feed too much, especially to a neutered adult rabbit.

If you want to avoid alfalfa totally then Oxbow BunnyBasics/T are made from Timothy instead.

Back