• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smell

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
I just wondered does anyone else find that their female buns have a strong smell about them at the moment. Daisy seems to smell really musky at the moment, has anyone else noticed this in their female?

Yes she is, has been since she was 4 months old and she's now 3. It's bizarre it's only ever her that smells like that. Don't know if anyone knows what I mean but it's a real rabbity smell..:roll:

Yes I'm noticing it a bit from Faline, I think it's the time of year.

I always say that musky rabbit odour smells a bit like a mix of bo and onions.

OMG yes, that exactly the smell i mean deelove, excellent description!!! Thank goodness someone else knows what I am on about. I had put it down to that time of year too, it's silly bunny season isn't it!!!

What pelleted food does is she fed on? If you feed your rabbit excel or have recently changed them over they often have a funny smell to them.

:wave: mine seems to "spray" the smell when shes excited or being territorial..all my does have and the bucks roduce a similar pong!!

however it isnt a constant smell if it is..clean the scent glands...not for the squeamish!! i use coton wall balls and warm water with diluted bunny friendly shampoo.....and just wipe as much and as gently as poss..the gunk kinda loks a bit like the runs in tiny amounts crossed with ear wax!!:shock:;)

:wave: mine seems to "spray" the smell when shes excited or being territorial..all my does have and the bucks roduce a similar pong!!

however it isnt a constant smell if it is..clean the scent glands...not for the squeamish!! i use coton wall balls and warm water with diluted bunny friendly shampoo.....and just wipe as much and as gently as poss..the gunk kinda loks a bit like the runs in tiny amounts crossed with ear wax!!:shock:;)

i take a deep breath when i clean them:lol:

Back