• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awkward buns!

shel20

Alpha Buck
i bought them some lovely tomothy hay with herbs and some normal hay for their litters and they still dont eat that much hay at all! the tomothy has been hangin in their hay basket totally untouched..iv tried putting fresh herbs in there too mint n pasley to entise them to eat it but they are both not hay lovers??? what shall i do as i know its important..they get veg everyday...raddishes and fresh herb sprigs and other veg but they never seem to have a good old hay munch?:roll:

Do your buns eat a lot of pellets? Might be an idea to reduce that - might encourage hay eating - although keep an eye they are still eating!

I'd be interested to know this too. THe 2 outside eat plenty of hay and still stuff down all their food, but Nigel is fussy and won't eat enough hay. I've tried reducing his food (I use Excel supa) but he still won't eat much unless I hand feed it, or stuff it inside toilet rool tubes or his jingly ball. Today the vet (hurrumph) said his teeth are starting to overgrow slightly because he won't chew!

they dont have loads of pellets..just a small handful in the morn and then at night....shall i just give them one bowl so they get hungry and eat the hay?

Back