• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The vet hurt my bunny!! U/D - he's ok :)

Siona

Mama Doe
I took my buns to the vet today for myxi boosters, teeth checks and claw clipping. Since we got back Nigel has gone severely lame on his front leg and won't put any weight on it.
I rang them and first they said it might be his claw clipped too short, then they said he might have hurt himself when he came back home, and now they are saying they might have handled him too roughly and pulled his leg muscle! :(

I have to go back again so they can check the damage and give him a Metacam injection.
Not Happy!!!! :(

Last edited:
:? well jack got a limp from her VHD vacciantion but the vets didnt accept it was vhd limp, they were willing to anaesthatise her for an xray though :?

im sure he'll be ok in a day or two :?

hugs for Nigel! :love:

Yep, it may well be a limp caused by the VHD jab which is a known side effect but one that a lot of vets doesn't seem to be aware of.

He should recovery in a couple of days though :)

I took my buns to the vet today for myxi boosters, teeth checks and claw clipping. Since we got back Nigel has gone severely lame on his front leg and won't put any weight on it.
I rang them and first they said it might be his claw clipped too short, then they said he might have hurt himself when he came back home, and now they are saying they might have handled him too roughly and pulled his leg muscle! :(

I have to go back again so they can check the damage and give him a Metacam injection.
Not Happy!!!! :(

Are they willing to foot the bill:?

I have been searching on line for myxo vacc side effects, but can't find any. It may well be that they were rough with him. :(

I'm not paying for his treatment when I take him back. Hmmmmphh.

From your other post I was thinking it was Dougal who was lame....had to read both names again

No, Dougal went for a little flying adventure and the vet made his claw bleed, but he's fine. I just checked him and Doris and left them tucking into dandelion leaves. :)

Poor Nigel is under my bed with a little bowl of pellets, holding his little paw off the ground :(

When did Nigel go lame? Saw in your other post that when you got back from the vets he was "bounding along like he'd never seen grass before,munching everything in sight. I had to run to keep up!"

Hope he's okay anyway, and that he's all better soon.

Last edited:
When did Nigel go lame? Saw in your other post that when you got back from the vets he was "bounding along like he'd never seen grass before,munching everything in sight. I had to run to keep up!"
He was outside for around 10 mins straight after we got back, then he went upstairs. It was about 5 mins later I realised he wasn't using his paw right and since then he's got gloomier. :(
His paw may have been hurting him, but I couldn't see whether he was favouring it when he was on the lead outside because I was behind him and standing up.

Sounds like he has possibly hurt it when running around? Can't imagine he'd have been hopping about quite so enthusiastically if his paw hurt. When are you taking him back to get checked? Hope it all gets sorted soon.

We just got back form the vet's. He is still lame but after thorough investigation they decided it's a sprain, probably got from rough handling earlier. :(

The consult was free though, although I'm not happy that it happened in the first place. He didn't limp much in the vet's, but then again bunnies pretend to be ok when confronted with danger don't they?
He's still hobbling now though, even when I gave him some broccoli to cheer him up.

I have been searching on line for myxo vacc side effects, but can't find any. It may well be that they were rough with him. :(

I'm not paying for his treatment when I take him back. Hmmmmphh.

what vets do u take him too? jus wondered cus were close!

what vets do u take him too? jus wondered cus were close!

The Millenium Way one opposite Freeport. I used to go to Black Notley because they were great but these are closer. I might go back though, even though it's a pain as I have no car.....

The vet had a student in with her though, so it wasn't a usual day. They've been great before.

Back