• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow hates me..what can i do to regain her friendship?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( ok so the bonding was tough but fine..the unbonding she took well until she couldnt handle bif biting her constantly...no wonder..shes like a little pitbull when she goes off....

Willow and bertie now have half the lounge over half..there is a huge kids pop up tent with a hole for a tunnel and a flap on theotherside..its scooby doo:lol:

thats near the radiator..theres a coffee table over the hole which they consider to be their porch.....they have a dog bowl of food and a dog bowl of water just outside the flap....to the left of that set apart is a ferplast trio litter tray...in front but set apart is the other litter tray and in the door way out of the lounge into the porch is where they ave dragged their hiuge cardboard box i made as a house....

willows been a bit fesity humping bertie..demading attention from the cats and theyve been very wary of her....shes not friendly to my mum like she was or my daughter or myself..in fact she lets them pet her when she feels like it..but ducks backwards or pushes me aside when i try..even when i get on the floor with her like i used to before bonding.

also whenever one of us makes a fuss of bertie stroking him etc..she dashes out from wherever she is and glares at us and covers him saying..this is mine.
she wont let me touch her at all.yes i know i had to medicate ehr recently but i hid the baytril in her favourite stuff......and i bathed her foot for several days until i thought it was ok.

she was being like it with me before that tho..
and indeed she began terrorising bif in her cage overnite etc and peeing and pooping on the furniture..as well as trashing the house like a naughty dog.
yet i cannot fault her on using her tray normally.

ive finally succeeded blocking access off for now so hasnt got funiture to pee and poop on...
she is the cleanest doe ive ever had and on parr with oscar nearly...

is it spring..is it me she resents or can he feel my sadness at bertie not being with bif anymore or playing buddies with bandit? shes very jealus and possessive of bertie...he cant take the humping at this rate he sighs and sits there as if to say..if you must hurry up i want to go back to sleep..he tries to outrun her and hide but despite being so much biger than him shes way more agile and bloomin fast!!

is she annoyed at me for saving bif her arguements and fights between themall the time when the pen wasnt up. is itcosits spring..and yes shes spayed all my buns are fixed....
is it fear of beingparted from bertie?

i miss the hugs and nose rubs and kissing her ears n cheeks and having her kiss me back and cuddle up to me on the floor..what ahve i dont so wrong?:(

Last edited:
how old is she?
cuz i had one of my does spayed at about 5-6 months old, she was quite timid but not adverse to some nice tickling and fuss, and then at about 8-9-10 months old, she turned into a complete nutjob. So much so that i thought the vet hadn't spayed her properly and took her back in! What i was told is that even tho the spay relaxed her hormones, she was still going to go thru her 'adolesence' stage, and that is what that was.

Perhaps you could try spending some time with her when the other buns are off doing their own thing? Spend some calm time on the floor with her, maybe just have a bit of her fav treat and tempt her to you with tiny pieces so she can remember that you are her lovely bun mum not someone she has to be grumpy to (whatever reason she has formed in her tiny bunny mind for thinking this...the workings of a bunnies mind are a mystery!)

I am no expert on this just trying to think of some things i might try in your situation! My lop Miffy is a really snuggly bunny, loves kisses and all that mushy stuff, I would hate it so much if she suddenly went off me! Perhaps being bonded with another bun has affected her relationship with you?????
I think that it might take quite a bit of patience for you to get back to that level with her :?:(

I don't believe for one minute that the lovely Bif is like a little pitbull :shock::lol:

Can Willow and Bandit not be bonded and Bif go back with Bertie?

:wave: hya hun..no Bifs so innocent:rolleyes::lol:

I saw rob today and asked him for some painkillers for willows foot.she wouldnt let me anywhere near her tonite but now the baytrils finished i can sneak the metacam in..and hopefully maybe thats a lot of the problem...
plus shes very insecure oddly enough and is as clingy with bertie as bif was!!
berties first wife was a frenchie and he bonded with willow back in sept or oct but had to be split cos of bif.

I was talking to rob and it it me..if bandit needed more security and not so much wide open space ( supervised exercise in lounge) to improve like he has living in the dog crate and running aorund the spazce our end of the louinge...maybe that is bifs problem too. All that time it was her loving bertie but being terrified and nervous of too much freedom..and her squshy poo probs 24/7. I felt so awful..all that time i thought i was it the right thing to do giving her all that fredom with some boxes etc to go in if she needed. which she didnt!
Rob suggested bandit and bif being nervy little buns afraid of too much openess (unlike most normal rabbits!!) they should go in cages with supervised exercise in half the lounge. And we do except bif hates coming out of her age and when she does she hides and sits in a litter tray. bandit goes in and out of his but after a few hugs n things he decides to go back in his crate even with the door open all the time.
so weve let them out to run aorund together..and all thers been is the odd nip and hump....bandit never ever goes for bif but she does nip him with the odd mouthful of fur but no real fighting at all and they kinda like each others company after a while even lay down a few inches apart and wash near each other...But i have to shut bandits door or he goes back in..we tried leaving the door open but bif always ends up at the back in his second litter tray and wont let him in!! but eventually they were sitting in the crate.
Rob thinks it would be beneficial for Bif and bandit to be rebonded back together when bifs up to it..she had her vhd booster today. They could both share a acge with a run al enclosed and also have some loose freedom but only one end of the lounge leaving the frenchies to have the other free range with their tent.
we have a smaller tent so maybe bif n bandit would like that in a secure pen that wilow cannot gain access to! bandit nips her thru the bars defending bif...
but wilow isnt bothered now..shes too clingy on bertie and the cats..salems always there to give cuddles bless him.
So i will rebond the littlies and who knows maybe in the summer out in the garden ill rebond all4 but do it very very slowly...if its what best for all involved but not if bif and willow are still angry at each other.
sad in one way but good in others..bif and bandit snuggled up together are almost as cute as her n oscar..her brother was a lionhead elaine said so i guess bandit gives her the best of both worlds.
No hard bonding just combined exercise and snuggles on the armchair and maybe they both will rebond that way over time.

:wave: stevie..yep takes around 6 months after spaying for a does hormones to settle..and some say cos they have some retained materials where they atach bits to the wal inside that come springtime all hell lets loose!!
Willows been very naughty lately too and is tired of being called "willow no".

i need to get back on the floor for sure but she legs it from me:shock:

time trust n patience. no being bonded even when they were a foursome didnt alter relationships.
maybe shes missing bandit suddenly...they would snuggle up but his nerves would ensure it wasnt for more than 5mins.
if she doesnt settle then back to rob i guess!!

Is she a food orientated bun?

Just sitting on the floor reading a book or something with some of her favourite food next to you, should help, you could give her a bit everytime she comes over

:shock: oh Gem if only you knew:lol::lol::lol:

shes a nightmare..as she thinks like a cat..a 14lb cat and yes is food addicted..and diet..well theres always getting up to the worktop and self service of rice crispies!! MMMm stale bread for birds....shell try anything once!!

tonight i managed to get a bit nearer with titbits..and she even took..i hate to say it..my jaffa cake out of my mouth..it was actually going in but there you go!!:lol: after all that choc she got hold of at xmas that rob couldnt belive shed survived eating..do you think shes become a chocoholic? and having withdrawal symptoms?:shock:

Last night she had 2.4ml of metaam for her toe..nad she dribbled most of it down her chin..but i think its helped..she is having another dose in the morning..as it helped her pain too much and she was jumping on the furniture nicking my jaffa cake...and she wonced jumpojg down each time she jumped up to see salem this evening too. Without the pain meds she doesnt even try.

shes moody and hasnt really been herself or friendly with me since bif unbonded herself from the group new years eve..thenbandit had to see rob with weeing hiself and getting sore..he went with bif..and as the frenchies hadnt gone with..on return from the vets they chased him..which was handy as his cure was time in the dog crate recovering and re toilet training himslef. Funnily enuff he and the frenchies aodred each other..i think willow and bertie still miss bandit too in a way.

Bif and Willow not hate each other and i am bifs mummy so maybe willows jealous of that too. Maybe its cvos ive bene so il with this fatigue thingy and shes not comfortable with the vibes i give off or the disruption and lack of routine..you know how buns can be!!

i laid on the floor reading the tv guide..she ignored me..i got up thisd morning and shes got to said tv guide and trashed it!!

somethings not right..shes even more clingy with bertie and insecure about being on her own than Bif was with bertie!!

ive tried letting her see me bend down and just talk to her and walk off..no attempt at contact and no sudden rugby tackle with the meds syringe or foot bathing:shock: maybe now she will let me read and come up to me...but foodwise..anythng that doesnt move!!

ill let you know how it goes!!

Just get Willow some bunny treats like dry apricot, dry mango etc., and handfeed willow w/ the treat. Guarantee it works

Back