• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giantest Giant Rabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Weighing in at a whopping three stone, meet the world's biggest rabbit

The world's biggest rabbit weighs in at a whopping three stone, is four feet long and has 32 children.
The mammoth pet maintains her huge frame by chomping her way through two apples, a handful of carrots, half a cabbage, a huge pile of fresh hay, and a massive bowl of rabbit food - every day.
The huge lumbering creature is so big that she has to sleep in a dog kennel - because she won't fit in a regular-sized rabbit hutch.

AmyRabbitEDWARDS_700x703.jpg

Huge: Amy the rabbit, from Worcester, weighs in at almost three stone- making her the world's biggest. She is pictured with her owner Annette Edwards

Amy's 'husband' Roberto originally held the title but she has now overtaken her spouse in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The mighty Roberto did hold the record with his sturdy three-and-a-half foot body and ground rumbling two-and-a-half stone frame.
He became a global superstar after outgrowing German rabbit, Rudi, who weighs a meagre 22 pounds and measures a mere 3ft 1ins in length.
But now even Roberto has been outshone - by his own wife.
She regularly plays rough and tumble with twin Chihuahuas Sadie and Vegas who she towers over.
Amy, a golden brown three-year-old Continental Giant, who now weighs just under three stone, married her monster hubby in 2006 at a lavish service attended by 100 guests near her Worcestershire home.
She is now a whole half-a-foot longer and nearly a stone heavier than her fluffy lover.
Owner Annette Edwards, 55, of Worcester, puts Amy's enormous size to her healthy diet and relaxed approach to life.
She said: "I never thought I would see it but the facts are there - Amy is now officially bigger than Roberto.
"She is enormous but not because she over eats on junk but because she gets plenty of exercise and eats very healthily.
"It makes incredible reading when you take time to look at the stats. She is enormous - bigger than most cats and dogs."
It costs nearly £10 a day to keep Amy's belly full.
Annette added: "Amy is a fussy eater, the carrots must have their green tops still on, and the hay has to be fresh and green or she won't go near it.
"The breed is very big anyway but Amy and Roberto are exceptionally big even for this breed.
"I bought her in Holland so she is far larger than the British variety.
"My rabbits are fed very carefully and exercised properly with a lot of love and attention. But I have never heard of any rabbit being bigger than Roberto - except his wife.
"Luckily there are no jealousy issues - they get on fine. We do have to keep them separate because if they come together they start mating - like rabbits.
"She is a dopey thing to be honest she loves children and she loves attention and she adores my other pets."
Amy enjoys playtime fun with dogs but despite towering over the pair of miniature dogs she never picks on them.
Model Annette used to run a pet shop but now splits her time equally between caring for her animals and modelling work in London.
She added: "I love the rabbits and I seriously doubt there is a bigger pair in the world right now.
"The next record holder will be one of their children - which are all big but still have some growing to do.
"They certainly are an incredible pair of bunnies."

I personally take exception to labelling Amy as a lumbering creature, they make it sound like she is clumsy! I'm sure giants are as intelligent as any other bunnie. Does anyone have an idea of what the average Giant lifespan is?

Yeah mixed feelings about that. Sorry but she obviously is getting OVERFED. Spending £10 a day on food is ridiculous... half a cabbage??

And carrots are fattening for rabbits anyway (tops are fine) :roll:

I am sure that the poor bunny really enjoyed being dragged round a noisy, smelly, hot and brightly lit supermarket too NOT!! Most men don't so why do that to a rabbit.......

Giantist giant bunny

I dont understand what the problem is :rolleyes: the bunny doesnt look stressed and she looks well cared for is this just another excuse to have ago at breeders:?:? and if she,s breeding the biggest bunny in the world i would assume that she is doing a proper job of it, i think criticism is very wrong in this case :? just my opinion tho

I am sure that the poor bunny really enjoyed being dragged round a noisy, smelly, hot and brightly lit supermarket too NOT!! Most men don't so why do that to a rabbit.......

:lol:

i agre there, she doesnt look lumbering to me. and sleeping in a dog crate is not such an unusual thing...

Agree with the comment above that it would make much more sense to get them neutered so they could live together. Seems odd to me to put on a 'wedding' just for publicity if the two bunnies aren't even allowed to be companions.

How on earth would she have the space to keep all those giants seperately? I would love to see her set up :D

I was under the impression that the Guinness Book of Records stopped taking entries for this category about 3 years ago because people were deliberately overfeeding their giants to get the biggest.

Our giants are tiny, and happy.

Neil

They don't measure weight now, just ears. Anyone could feed their giant just to make them more porky and although she doesn't look that fat, carrying the extra weight can't be good for her health.

i thought this woman had been done for over feeding before?

she used to own a place in worcester called bunnyland and im sure it got closed and opened again as something else?

imo she looks at buns and sees pound signs

Ah, it seems like you've all heard of her before. I had no idea who she was but I was aware from the article that she was a breeder. These giants always seem to be overwieght.

Thanks for the info Sooz. :D

This is the woman who had her rabbits "married" on GMTV:roll::roll:
I can't see the fascination in having the heaviest giant, especially as obesity will almost guarantee you a giant with back/joint problems in the future.
My Hera is probably as long as her female, yet weighs less than 7kg.
Maybe people wouldn't criticise her so much if she didn't parade her rabbits like toys, and gained publicity with good positive messages on owning these rabbits, rather than bragging "mine is bigger than yours";)

Surely 2 apples, a handful of carrots and half a cabbage aren't good for a bunny day in day out. Sugar content and risk of gas.. :shock:
..just a thought.

H xx

Maybe people wouldn't criticise her so much if she didn't parade her rabbits like toys, and gained publicity with good positive messages on owning these rabbits, rather than bragging "mine is bigger than yours";)

It used to be 'all about' Roberto :evil::roll:

Roberto this, Roberto that, look how big he is, biggest rabbit in the world :censored:

Go away woman :evil:

I was under the impression that the Guinness Book of Records stopped taking entries for this category about 3 years ago because people were deliberately overfeeding their giants to get the biggest.

Our giants are tiny, and happy.

Neil

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/4877338.stm

you are right, she got critize by RSPCA. But more importantly, if she don't spay her bun, 80% of un-spay bun die of uterus cancer.

The Guinness Book of Records previously confirmed that Roberto was the longest rabbit they had heard about.

But the organisation has stopped accepting records for large pets in an attempt to stop owners overfeeding their animals.

Amy net wt. is 35 pound, I find it too much of a coincidence that she manage to get 2 un-related buns, both holds biggest bunny title (prev. and current)

Look at the photo, Amy's stomach is sticking out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=435487&in_page_id=1

and I bet she bought this bun from the same holland breeder as Roberto

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article729925.ece

and talk about bad diet:

Edwards insisted that Roberto was fed a normal rabbit diet but under further questioning disclosed that his daily menu comprised three carrots, four sweet eating apples, two large handfuls of hay, a dog bowl mix of herb biscuits, a slice of toast, chopped cauliflower and cabbage and a pint of water

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back