• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny lumps..help!

shel20

Alpha Buck
Hiya everyone...was cuddlin my little bun alfie last nyt and he has two weird spikey lumps on his bum..like at the tops of his legs???they are weird and im worried??

Hi
I can't think what they could be at the moment, is he ok in himself?

If you are really worried get him checked out at the vet, hopefully there is a simple explanation

Liz

Just had a thought, he was neutered recently, did they leave disolvable stiches in him? It could be those but not sure if that would be the right place for them

yeah he has been neutered recently...well they are like lumps which feel sharp..on either side of his bum..he seems ok hopping about n stuff..but so has my other bobby and he doesnt have them?

it feels like a spikey bone coming throught the skin surrounded by a fatty lump?...but its not bone obvoiusly..well i hope not on either side of his bum underneath..his fur is lookking a bit shabby too?? moulting and changing colour but that could just be him growing up.?

I've just given poor elvis a poke round the bum. There are normal boney lumps either side of his bum but I wouldn't describe them as spikey. If he's running around ok it can't be anything serious, if he was in pain you would know.

Still worth getting him vet checked though, and let us know what they are.

Good luck

Can you post a picture of the area or the lumps? Im having trouble visualising what it may be.

yeah ill book him in! he does seem ok though eating and binkying around!but just for piece of mind ill get him checked! thanks for checking though il keep u informed..how much is a check up at the vets roughly?

well i cant get to them as he runs a away hes a little monkey!...but they dont seem normal so ill need to put my mind at rest with a trip to the vets!

yeah ill book him in! he does seem ok though eating and binkying around!but just for piece of mind ill get him checked! thanks for checking though il keep u informed..how much is a check up at the vets roughly?

Usually between £10 and £25. Sometimes free if its with a vaccine or if treatment is given which will be paid for.

well my vets are doin mxyi injections for 10 pound at mo so it would make sense to book them in for that and get them to check while there???? thanks i wouldnt of thought of that! is 10 pound good for vaccinations?

well my vets are doin mxyi injections for 10 pound at mo so it would make sense to book them in for that and get them to check while there???? thanks i wouldnt of thought of that! is 10 pound good for vaccinations?

Very good, I pay £15!

ill book their little bunny bums in now! thanks guys!...bobby and alfie are inseperable now...after lots of worrying about male male bonding! they are stuck like glue...following each other constantly grooming...its soooo cute to watch!

just rang vets too young for vaccinantion but said i can get lumps looked at in the morning for free as its a follow up! which is good! ill keep u informed!

Thats good, but I thought they would have been old enough for vaccinations if they are old enough for neutering. Myxi can be given at 6 weeks and I think VHD from 12 weeks.

Hope it goes ok tomorrow

just rang vets too young for vaccinantion but said i can get lumps looked at in the morning for free as its a follow up! which is good! ill keep u informed!

If they have been neutered they can most certainly be vaccinated :?

How many rabbits do they see at your vets branch? Im appauled that they are giving out such information.

i thought that.... but she said not till 18 months old? ill question that tomorrow! shall i take bobby with him so they are not separated even though hes not having anythin done..dont wanna break the bond!

Back