• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing options for 3 buns

JacknJess

Young Bun
When harmony has been restored in my house, I'm looking to put all 3 French Lops in together in one hutch. The problem is, I can't find a big enough plastic hutch for the 3 of them and a wooden one is out of the question as they're indoor buns and I don't want the smell of the amonia seeping into the wood (unless anyone knows of a product that will eliminate this problem?)

If you have indoor rabbits, what do you use that can be kept as clean as rabbits will allow but giving them room to stretch their legs? I would like something that has a detatchable run to it, if possible.

Many thanks
:0)

When harmony has been restored in my house, I'm looking to put all 3 French Lops in together in one hutch. The problem is, I can't find a big enough plastic hutch for the 3 of them and a wooden one is out of the question as they're indoor buns and I don't want the smell of the amonia seeping into the wood (unless anyone knows of a product that will eliminate this problem?)

If you have indoor rabbits, what do you use that can be kept as clean as rabbits will allow but giving them room to stretch their legs? I would like something that has a detatchable run to it, if possible.

Many thanks
:0)

What about a nice big Dog crate? Ebay usually have them going at good prices.

Helen x

We have a wooden one, painted on the bottom to protect it but we change the newspaper every day. Many would suggest using lino to protect the bottom.

We then have an eight sided dog pen attached - there is a photo in the stories section, giving them more room. However, this is for night only, they are free range downstairs mostly. Not that you would know as they love home if we are not about.

The pen and cage were from happy hutches and even the pen has different heights.

We have a wooden one, painted on the bottom to protect it but we change the newspaper every day. Many would suggest using lino to protect the bottom.

We then have an eight sided dog pen attached - there is a photo in the stories section, giving them more room. However, this is for night only, they are free range downstairs mostly. Not that you would know as they love home if we are not about.

The pen and cage were from happy hutches and even the pen has different heights.

Lino! My mum and I have been talking about getting a wooden one and painting the bottom, but I worried about them scratching it off and digesting the flakes. Lino is a fab idea and that means they can have a pretty house too.

Thank you for letting me know where you got the pen, I'm off to happy hutches.... :0)

UPDATE
Rachel - how do you attach the run to the hutch? Is it obvious when the run is delivered? Also, how high can a bun jump? I think I'l be sitting at work worrying they've hoppped out and wreaking havoc LOL

Last edited:
Back