• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house with rabbits?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Hi :wave:
My mum has left me to decide if we want to move at the end of this year (once I have finished year 9 ) or in 2 more years (end of year 11).
Obviously either way there is a chance I might not have all my animals when we move but there is a larger chance if we go at the end of year 9.
I'm not entirely sure how long the journey is to Yorkshire, I think where we are moving to is about 3 hours away.
Would the rabbits have to go into boarding whilst we were moving?
Would the differant water effect their stomachs? (it did when we went from Derby to the Peak District :shock: )
What sort of things would I need to do?

Thanks,
BethXxX

When I moved (2 hours away) the animals were fine. We made sure the first thing we did was set up their home somewhere quiet and got them settled then we could worry about moving ourselves in. If you have a lot of stuff to move it might be best for you to put them in boarding/staying with a friend for a while.

If you have the choice I would move at the end of year 9. Another couple of years and you may have met different people have different priorities etc. So if you want to go, go as soon as you can.

ok thanks :)
I would rather move after year 11,
I've only just settled down at school and i feel confident with the teachers I ahve :?

That is lovely that your mum has given you a choice :D

I have moved with bunnies 3 times,the people who owned the house we were buying let us move the hutches the night before which helped.

What will happen with your beautiful bunny houses,will you dismantle them??

Depending on the garden etc then we'll either take them with us or get rid of them :( hopefully we'll be able to take them with us :)

ok thanks :)
I would rather move after year 11,
I've only just settled down at school and i feel confident with the teachers I ahve :?

That's fair enough, just with my personal experience it would have been easier for me to move a bit younger as it's easier to settle in etc. Depends what you are planning to do college/6th form wise.

well i wanted to leave school at 16 and go to equestrian college but my dad said i'm not allowed stay in the house if I don't do my A levels :(
so i'm not entirely sure, i want to be a riding instructor so i have no idea what to do at a levels

Back