• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kendra in for stitches

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Kendra's eye scratch, has changed from a scratch to a flap. There's no more pus, & it's clean, & not bleeding, but, there's a tear in her eye lid that is flapping.:? The vet isn't too concerned with it at the moment, but said that if the flap dies & drops off, which it probably will at some point, it could change the shape of her eye, which might cause probs in future.

Soooo, today she is having a GA to have it all stitched back together - TBH, I wasn't so sure whether to, & neither was the vet - cos at the minute it's purely cosmetic. She's eating, it's clean, as she's relatively unaffected by the metacaming & baytrilling (that girl can eat!!:lol:). I'm still in two minds as to whether it's worth a GA. But the vet says it probably will need attention at some point.

She has had 2 GAs before, for her spay & when she was 7 weeks old, a sibling bit her:shock::roll:

I did lose the last bun I sent for a GA, & if Kendra hadn't had them before, I probably would hold-off. So eye vibes needed for Kendra,

Incidentally - my eye has a weird bruised circle on the eyeball, with a dot in the middle, but no swelling now & I can see, so she can have my eye-vibes too.

It's so much easier to make a decision when the vet can be positive that treatment is def needed, so much harder when it's a maybe:?
I'm sure she'll come through her GA fine - lots of positive vibes for Kendra and you!

Well, I couldn't pick her up until nearly 8pm last night, & she was still drowsy. Her eye looks a right mess (seriously all this from a hairline scratch, probably from somebun standing on her head - they do that at feed time:?).

She is eating (only hay & veg), but it's obviously bothering her. She's caged within the main bun room, with Rosie (Rosie gets less stressed going to vets than some, so she got short-strawed as companion). They often snuggle up together too, when loose.

I've had to switch the heating off though, cos Kendra's eye won't shut properly. It looks really dry & sore:cry: , I can't imagine radiators help.I'm putting drops in it, but it's only 3 times a day. Don't you just hate being at work when you have a sick bun? My Boss is due in soon, so gonna get afternoon off.

Back