• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vibes for Xiaobai please!

wickedbun

Young Bun
Hi All,

We had a DISASTER in our home this morning.

For 2 weeks now we have been introducing a new bun to our bonded pair. My normally placid Nethie boy has completely changed in personality and has NOT accepted the new boy (mimi lop 3 times the size!) Xiaobai has been giving the new bun nips through the fence at every chance. Today the new bun managed to escape his enclosure- must have taken one hell of a running leap. He had pinned down Xiaobai and had eaten a 1 inch square patch of skin away. I got bitten in the process of trying to separate them.

Xiaobai is having surgery this afternoon to close the wound. I hope he survives. (The vet bill is over $600!!!! ) It is a bad wound but he seemed happy and hadn't gone into shock.

He is such a funny bunny. He has never shown much interest in his girlfriend or the family until a new boy arrived. Now he is constantly on guard and defending his territory.

Please send him good vibes everyone!!

Good news!!

Xaiobai is doing really well - but hasn't learned his lesson. He has yet again taken nips at the new bunster.
Unfortunately I don't think they are going to work it out. I think Toshi will have to be re-homed:( He is really such a nice little bun. I get lots of binkies and happy dances.

Poor Xiaobai and poor Toshi. Unfortunatly, introducing another male into an already bonded pair is not a good idea, especially if there's a female involved.

Back