• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellet Storage!

ooh, i've never seen one of those before. i use one of those glass jars with the wire contraption that keeps the lid on, know the ones i mean? with a rubber seal on.... i can't remember if they have a name or not!

ooh, i've never seen one of those before. i use one of those glass jars with the wire contraption that keeps the lid on, know the ones i mean? with a rubber seal on.... i can't remember if they have a name or not!

Yeah I know the ones, never thought of using one of them:D

I keep mine in tupperware works a treat until my lovely bloke drops it down the stairs! A whole new bag was in it too :roll:

I keep mine in a storage box with lid that clicks on in the garage. I keep a smaller amount in their room for easy access in one of those cereal type storage boxes :D

I have one of these.

10_Rubbermaid_Scoop_n_Store_Large.jpg

Pets at home are selling them at the minute.

I've got a small one for bunny litter, small one for pellets and a large one for dog food. I think they are great!! I like the little scoop that comes with them!!

I have one of these.

I've got a small one for bunny litter, small one for pellets and a large one for dog food. I think they are great!! I like the little scoop that comes with them!!

We have one of those too and it's GREAT :D Also have a smaller one for guinea pig food. Highly recommended!

I have one of these.

Yeah I saw them last week, they cost about a tenner, but I thought a bit big for bunnie food!

I use a plastic storage box with a click on lid - the pellets always seem to stay fresh (well, Hugo never complains :lol:)

Yeah I saw them last week, they cost about a tenner, but I thought a bit big for bunnie food!

Depends how you buy your food (and how many bunnies you have!). We buy our SS by the sack (as we have 6 of our own and usually a couple of fosters too) and the large container is fab cos it holds the whole sack :D There are smaller ones tho which would hold a couple of smaller bags of food.

Depends how you buy your food (and how many bunnies you have!). We buy our SS by the sack (as we have 6 of our own and usually a couple of fosters too) and the large container is fab cos it holds the whole sack :D There are smaller ones tho which would hold a couple of smaller bags of food.

We only got 1 bun, and only get one bag of 2.25kg bunny basics at a time so to avoid going off.

I 'll have to have another look in P@H see if they now got a smaller one then the one I saw!:)

Last edited:
I have one of these.

:wave:

Can I ask you to have a look at the capacity of the containers on the small one and big one as in 10litres or 5lts so I know when I go looking if I am looking at the smallest or biggest?

Cos last time I looked they had one size!
:)

EDIT: Ok don't worry have found sizes, the smallest was what I saw for a tenner:roll: afraid to big for my liking!

Last edited:
I keep the pellets in the bag it comes in, and tie the top with a peg to stop water getting in. Course it's plastic, it's waterproof too.

I just cut open the top of the bag & leave it by the door in the utility room - I feel right common now :lol:

:wave:

Can I ask you to have a look at the capacity of the containers on the small one and big one as in 10litres or 5lts so I know when I go looking if I am looking at the smallest or biggest?

Cos last time I looked they had one size!
:)

EDIT: Ok don't worry have found sizes, the smallest was what I saw for a tenner:roll: afraid to big for my liking!

Just looked on a website selling them, cuz i'm too lazy to go down stairs to have a look :oops: and it says the small hold 8.16kg. Which I think is a little more than 10L.

H xx

Back