• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lexie Vibes, vets again. UPDATED

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Lexie is off to the vets AGAIN tomorrow, she has become very snuffly again after having pretty much zero response to Baytril and Septrin. I think now is the time to get a full culture & sensitivity test conducted.

I am also convinced I can feel some small spurs on her molars which need attention as her hay consumption has dropped.

She also STILL needs her Myxi jab as she hasn't been well enough to handle it yet. :(

Lets hope, after recent events, my lucks due a turn in the right direction for once :?

Last edited:
My 2 rabbits seem to have intermittent snuffles. They've had week after wee of antibiotics - which never seem to make a difference.

I've discovered that:

1. The air freshener in their room gave them snuffles
2. If their hay is down for longer than a week they get the snuffles
3. One of them gets the snuffles if she beds down on hay for any length of time.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me to find that she's allergic to hay :shock:

I now listen to their breathing and if it sounds clear I leave them. They seem to get over the snuffles in a few days if left or in weeks if treated.

My Martha's having a tough time getting over it, it's not as bad as it was but taking a while to clear, do you think it could be the change of hay that affected her when she moved? That's interesting.

I now listen to their breathing and if it sounds clear I leave them. They seem to get over the snuffles in a few days if left or in weeks if treated.

Sadly Lexies is a bit more advanced than that, yesterday I was actually concerned that she couldn't breath because she sounded so congested. She passes thik white mucus from her nose and sneezes regularly.

Having seen the results of a rabbit left be in Lexie's state, which was pneumonia and an early death, I am highly loathed to suspend treatment....particularly as she needs a GA in the next couple of days :(

Back