• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hammie care

mindymoo

Mama Doe
Could all you guys with hamster buddies share with me how much time you let your hammie out a day...what you do with him/her when they are out...any ideas to make their day more interesting...

many thanks
Mind x

they sell kool playgrounds on ebay and sites like that and tubes to go frm 1 to another but they get out so easy even frm a cage:roll:

I set mine up in the bath most nights with an offcut of vinyl flooring to protect the bath, with his wheel, toys and house in there as well. He stays in there for hours as he can't escape, gives him more room to run around and stops him driving me mad with bar biting!

i try and let them out for a couple of hours each every other day (one on one day, the other the next) i'm lucky in that there's nowhere for them to escape (as long as the kitchen door is shut).

they spend most of the time trying to find the other hamster for kisses through the bars :roll: as long as it's only that, i don't mind! no babies please!!

I dont like to leave Sid down, he cant get out of the room and gets on with Misty like a house on fire (Im sure she thinks he's her baby) :lol: but there are so many wires. I can only have him on my chair or running in my hands for so long because he is just sooo fast.

I saw a hammie fort the other day, have you guys seen them??

i have a large storage box that Moomin goes in for play time...basically a BIG box full of stuff that she don't have in her cage. Shes a tiny ickle russian hammie.....so shes very into people....very socialable!!

Oooh Vanessa, I used to do that with my hammies. Used to put the cage in the bath, unlock the door and they used to stay there all night running around!

We only put her in the bath at night when we were asleep! We had her out in the evening running round in my daughters bedroom!

Back