• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what should i do!!! abcesses

billysmom

Mama Doe
Hi, I Have A Lovely Spoilt 3yr Old Dwarf Called Billy, Hes A Total Sweetheart But 4wks Ago Found A Small Lump Under Chin.i Took Him Straight To Local Vet Who Operated On Billy And Removed A Abcess.apart From That Billy As Always Been Healthy Apart From A Weepy Eye, Its Been 4wks Since Op And Ive Now Found Another But Bigger, After Scanning Numerous Websites Etc Ive Been Told Abcesses Reccur And Hard To Get Rid Of.after Last Op He Was So Stressed.ive Tried To Find A Experienced Rabbit Vet But None, Just Dont Know What To Do For The Best..hes Such A Good Rabbit And Having The Op Last Time Petrified Me, And After Administrating Meds To Him Stressed Him.apart From This Hes Eating Like A Horse And Playing With The Kids In The Garden.help!!!!!!!!!1

im new on here and came to have a look at this discussion,im treating 1 of my bunnies at the mo for an abcess,she had it lanced and now im givin her injections meds and flushin it out..it was very big..her vet is really nice and explained everything 2 me..

abcess problems

Thanks So Much For Reply Especially As Only Just Registered.i Live In The West Midlands Near Dudley.thankyou.

Abcesses Problems

Thankyou For Your Reply, This Is My First Time On The Forum.your Vet Sounds Very Well Informed On Treatment I Have Read Upon This Treatment But Cannot Find Anyone In My Area Who Treats The Buns This Way Its Soooo Frustrating, Just Want The Best For Him As He Deserves The Best.thankyou And Hope Your Bun Recovers Soon.

Back