• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - Lilly not eating

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Help, lillys not eating.

she has wee'd today but it was bright orange. no poos since this morning.

The vet has said to keep an eye on her...

the emergency vet is not the one i normally see...

is there anything i can do for her? i have no science recovery,

arg x

no she hasn't seen her, she said aslong as she has eaten today, which she has, to keep an eye on her. i have her number should i need it...

Well you know thats bad advice as well as I do.

Cassius was 'off colour' on Saturday and look what happened to him in the space of a couple of hours. :cry:

Were her poos 'normal' this morning?

How is she within herself?

If you have a syringe try administering 5-10ml of cooled boiled water into her.
Also encourage her to hop about.

Is she an indoor Bunny? If not she needs to be indoors tonight.

Have a feel around her jaw/cheeks. If she has the onset of a Dental problem she may show signs of discomfort.

You said her wee looked very dark orange, has she had any new foods within the last 48 hours?

Warmth and water will help her as a 'First Aid' treatment along with encouraging her to hop about. But if she is still not eating/pooing by midnight I'd call the Vet again. INSIST on her being seen if necessary

Janex

Ok, thankyou.

Her poos were normal, i noticed the orange wee tonight, no she hasn't had anything although she had carrott last nite.

Her stomach does not feel hard, and she isn't a hoppy running bunny...

x

shes justlicked the floor where some water had spilled and then laid down with her bun in the air.

i want her to be better. should i do some tummy rubs?

x

shes justlicked the floor where some water had spilled and then laid down with her bun in the air.

i want her to be better. should i do some tummy rubs?

x

It sounds as though she may have tummy pain. I would call the Vet again and say that you would like her to be seen this evening as you think she may need some pain relief.

Janex

glad you've got her to the vet. Sometimes you have to be quite insistent :roll:
I'm sure she'll be fine.

Thinking of you Sarah.... I know what a worry a poorly bunny is! Once shes had some meds from the vet, hopefully she'll start to pick up, but I agree with the tepid boiled water... I swear thats what kept Bob alive when he had that horrendous bloat/blockage for 2 days. Sending loads of get well vibes and hope to hear from you soon. :wave:

Back