• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Has anyone made their own Run and has got pictures of them?

I have contacted a fencing company for a quote- but they havn't replied, and I want some sort of idea on what to base it on?

Thanks
Jack x

hi there i have not yet made my run but i have jus finished making my new hutch for our 2 bunnies, i am well chuffed with it will get some pics up soon, as for a run i am gonna make it so it comes from the hutch so i can jus open the door for the bunnies so they can venture out when they like. What sort of run are you after??

hi there i have not yet made my run but i have jus finished making my new hutch for our 2 bunnies, i am well chuffed with it will get some pics up soon, as for a run i am gonna make it so it comes from the hutch so i can jus open the door for the bunnies so they can venture out when they like. What sort of run are you after??

A 20ft x 10ft wooden one.

:roll::oops::lol:

ok not asmall one then lol!!! my hutch i built is 5ft by about 2-3ft and need to make a run about 5ft by 4ft but shouldnt be to hard to make really a bit of 2by2 and some chicken wire should do the job good luck in finding someone to make your run

ok not asmall one then lol!!! my hutch i built is 5ft by about 2-3ft and need to make a run about 5ft by 4ft but shouldnt be to hard to make really a bit of 2by2 and some chicken wire should do the job good luck in finding someone to make your run

Thanks!
:D

Where abouts in Sheffield are you?

I've made mine and have nearly finished one for bunnymadhouse. I took in progress photos of the one I have just made so will post them for you. I can come and get you started if you want and show you but wouldn't be able to make the whole thing for you.

But make sure you get decent wood (B&Q) have it on offer at the mo, and get decent galvanised wire, not chicken wire as its not fox (or rabbit) proof!

I think the best way would be to make panels and then fix them all together, would take longer and use more would but will be a lot stronger.

If you want me to come and get you started let me know, or I can draw you some diagrams of how to do it.

Helen x

Where abouts in Sheffield are you?

I've made mine and have nearly finished one for bunnymadhouse. I took in progress photos of the one I have just made so will post them for you. I can come and get you started if you want and show you but wouldn't be able to make the whole thing for you.

But make sure you get decent wood (B&Q) have it on offer at the mo, and get decent galvanised wire, not chicken wire as its not fox (or rabbit) proof!

I think the best way would be to make panels and then fix them all together, would take longer and use more would but will be a lot stronger.

If you want me to come and get you started let me know, or I can draw you some diagrams of how to do it.

Helen x

I'm in Ecclesfield.
Could you do me some diagrams?
Thanks
Jack x

i didnt realise chicken wire was not rabbit proof, i ave used it on my new hutch but aint going to change it now but will bear it in mind for when i make my run!! thanks

i didnt realise chicken wire was not rabbit proof, i ave used it on my new hutch but aint going to change it now but will bear it in mind for when i make my run!! thanks

If you look at it its actually fairly flimsy and a fox could rip through it quite easily. also a determined bun could chew through it :):roll:

yeah suppose will keep a close eye on it dont really fancy ripping it off now, the ones in my local pet shop use the same stuff so i was guessing it was ok

Back