• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lazy, Lazy Rabbit

ailz

Alpha Buck
Following an article I read I've started scattering the rabbits' pellets around their room - probably over a 10 foot square space. I know that they both suffer from intermittent snuffles but, my large bun Tish would rather go hungry than have to move around for her pellets.

I was worried yesterday that she was ill so I put a small pile of pellets in front of her and she ate them, no problem there, so I scattered a few near her and she ate the ones she could reach without moving and then gave up.

Which is unusual as her pet name is Food Hoover - although she does seem to prefer cardboard to any other food.:oops:

I think she's just lazy :lol:

Could it be that she is nervous about moving around?

Could she be shortsighted?

Could she have some pain that prevents her from wanting to move - like arthritis?

My 'old' white bunny didn't used to move when he first came to the rescue. We thought he might be arthritic. He just sat, and sat.

He's much happier now and we think that his arthritis is better because he has more space to move around. However, he is white and we now think that he has very poor sight (gets spooked very easily and doesn't go far from his 'spot' if he can help it) and he seems to be almost certainly deaf.

Sometimes he doesn't find his food and I have to go help him retrieve it.

Just a thought......................

Or your bun could be like my cat - very lazy! :lol:

She can move when she wants to :lol:

She doesn't like people and runs away if you go anywhere near her. She can certainly see me coming from a distance.

Lazy then!

I am sure buns are just like humans...............

Some people never sit still and some never get off their a***.

:)

Back