• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when can i put bun outside?

sue 1974

Alpha Buck
she has been in my conservatory and is used to the cold as gets very cold at night. is it too cold to get her out today.

edit i should add she is a rspca foster rabbit that was rehomed but then had to be taken back as bonding didn't go well with other bun, as she had been kept she didn't have a winter coat so hubby agreed she could go in conservatory until warmer. Her cage and run takes up all the room and hubby getting really fed up.

Last edited:
i shouldnt think it would be too cold for her as you have said she is use to the cold in the conservatory im sure she wil be fine, jus let her out for say an hour then bring her in for couple of hours and then back out again so you are jus introducing the cold weather (outside) to her slowly hope this helps

I think it is best to wait if you can till there is no more frost as she has not got anther rabbit to keep warm with.

Rick

i would think she would be fine to go outside,my bun Maisie has been outside for the last two weeks and although she's a single bun she has plenty of bedding and actually seems happier being out and having more room.

although the weather is quite frosty and she has lots of bedding my bun is currently sat out in the run nibbling away and doesn't appear cold at all in fact she binkies around quite merrily.

considering your bun has been somewhat acclimatised by being in the conservatory i'd say she'd be fine to go out so long as she has somewhere to snuggle if she feels the need.

Back