• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isabella/Opal lop - any rescues have one?

BeckyLH

Banned
If anyone comes across an isabella (preferably) or opal lop over the new few weeks after the Easter rush I'd love to have a look and may be able to give a forever home. I've got enough space for one more bun in my bunny family.

Just to be clear, the only reason I'm specific on colour is I've wanted one for years and years, my other buns are a wide array of colours!

Last edited:
I have a little Isabella lop whom I did get from a rescue. However he was the first and the only one I have seen in rescue. I think he was still there because he has a fear of his body being touched :cry:
Good luck with your search is it a boy or girl you are looking for? They are such a pretty colour my little Scooty is bbbbeeeaaauuuuuttttiifffuuulllll :D
PS I believe I saw one in the stories and photos section - a little baby lop at one of the rescues?!
Lucy x

Awww, he sounds lovely... :)

I saw the baby one and I've expressed interest but quite rightly the lady says she likes siblings to go together and it looks like the little isabella is a girl so will probably go with one of her brothers. I have three buns, all single right now and I'm hoping to have a bonded group of four eventually, but if it doesn't work out I have space for two pairs. Currently I have two girls and a boy. I saw a beautiful six year old isabella in a PAH adoption ages ago. She was very nervous and hated being picked up though so I left her. I wish I hadn't, she would probably have been fine after a spay but at that age I was worried about the GA.

If anyone does come across one that they think might be able to live in a group please let me know, I don't mind what age, I would just love to have an isabella :)

I have an Isabella/beige lop doe who came to me as an unwanted pet. I've also fostered a couple quite recently.

They do come into rescue quite often but tend to be discribed in 'laymans' terms as fawn, beige, etc to avoid confusing potention adopters.

Good luck :D

Amy

Thanks for the info. It's the bluey colour isabella I like, I know it sounds really picky, lol! But then again, any isabella would be lovely. I've been keeping an eye on RR but just can't seem to see one, not single anyway. I saw Taye in oxfordshire, she's not a lop but looks like an isabella.

Last edited:
just wanted to say I can totally understand you wanting one as I think they are gorgeous and hope to have one myself one day! I don't pick by colour usually but If i saw an isabella and had space it would be hard to resist! :oops: hope you find one x x

lol, I'm glad you understand! I so regret not getting the old lady from PAH she was one of the most stunning rabbits I had ever seen and had clearly been neglected by her previous owners. When I went back and asked them they said she had been rehomed to a disabled lady whose hpuse bunny had just died though so I hope they are making each other happy now :D

I've never heard of Isabella - does anyone have a picture? I've googled it as well but just seem to get bunnies called Isabella. :roll::lol:

Maria x

This beauty is one..

cutebun.jpg

Just like the PAH one I saw.

I really like the light opal colour too, they're quite similar aren't they? With like a lilac tint.

Last edited:
Here is Scoot, he is one!

IMGP1367.jpg

IMGP1373.jpg

Please excuse his rather scruffy appearance, he had a mite problem which had just been treated at the rescue and he was mid moult too!

*off to try get a better shot now...*

He is lovely. His coat seems to have a pearly sheen - is it like that in real life or is just how the picture comes out?

He is quite 'pearly' actually, I think he is beautiful! He was bought as a child's pet and they got bored, never handled him etc. He was then in rescue for a long time due to his fear of being held or touched round his middle.
He is the reason I belong to failed fosterers club :oops:
Sorry for hijacking this thread!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you find your Isabella bunny soon :D

She's not available in rescue (we got her from Jane Dexter's) and she's not a lop but she is an opal giant and stunning!

Half of her...

JaynieDigger021.jpg

and the other half...

Jaynie062.jpg

Neil

Hi Becky :wave:
I have just noticed Jill (Honeybunny) appears to have an Isabella bunny in her siggie up for adoption?!?

I was just wondering that! I fostered Kizzy for a while and she is quite lilac in colour, but not solid lilac so I guess she could be an Isabella, there seems to be quite a few different varieties.:D

Back