• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny pen covers/netting?

CRBevis

Mama Doe
:wave:Bunnie is house bun in a 42" dog crate.

So she has more space at night but not free to roam completely, we have a pen now attached to her crate at night.

Question is other than a bed sheet over the top of the pen (to avoid her attempting to jump out) what else does anyone else use or do you know where you can buy the bigger nets that come with some of the pens?

We want something to go on the top as we don't know whether she can jump it (63cm high) and want to deter her trying so she doesn'y hurt herself.

We are currently using a bedsheet but want something like a net so she can see up above and not just our leg level incase she prefers to see all around her and above.

Any ideas?

Garden centers and places like Wilkinsons and B&Q sell very thin lightweight netting, like the type that people put over garden ponds.

Hi,

I had to uy netting to cover the top of the outside pens that my buns play in to stop them jumping out.

http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=R-SNCNET&recno=7

This stuff is really light and I was amazed how strong it was. I just clip it on with little lobster clasps. I still have small pieces left,so if you want I can post a sample of it to you
The only bad thing is if you were ordering it from the internet you would probably end up paying more for postage.

Hey you know that thread before where you were asking about pens...and I said, I don't have a net on mine cos Sorrel is too much of a fatty to leap anywhere....

well about two days later she jumped right out and scared the life out of me. :rolleyes: but i got some garden netting and it was £2 for a piece about 5 times the size i needed.

Hey you know that thread before where you were asking about pens...and I said, I don't have a net on mine cos Sorrel is too much of a fatty to leap anywhere....

well about two days later she jumped right out and scared the life out of me. :rolleyes: but i got some garden netting and it was £2 for a piece about 5 times the size i needed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
i told ste we didnt need a fence thing to keep ralph in the boot of the car cus hes such a good dog.....

we left him in the car while we went into footlocker and asda and came back to find him sitting in one of the front seats :roll::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
ste was not impressed :lol:

only today the netting fell off the top of the crate and trapped pearl in the crate, now i know what a trapped rabbit looks like :cry::cry::cry::cry:

shes ok, no places of hurt and no resentment towards me phewwwww
but i do need more netting as theres a huge hole now :(

moral of the story is dont relax with anything and make sure the netting is secured out of halms way or youll experience rabbiting first hand in your own home :shock::shock: (theres no guilt smiley)

had to get some netting today £1.89 for 1m x 4m from homebase.. b&q dont sell it where i went :roll:

:lol: Sorrel must of read your post and decided to prove you wrong:roll:

Is it he green plastic netting everyone gets? If so will go get some at the weekend!

Back